3 Hour Cutthroat Feedback

Hello exiles! I just participated in the 3 hour cutthroat event. It was loads of fun and pretty scary at some times. I'm waiting for the next event, so I thought I'd give you all my two cents.

First up are traps. I'm not sure if it is intended, but traps begin to replenish themselves during the 20 second grace period. This proved to be nasty when zoning in to a battle, taking no damage and then unloading a combination of fire and bear traps onto your opponents. A solution to this sly play style could be making it so that traps only begin to replenish themselves after a player is no longer invulnerable.

Second is the issue of portals and waypoints. Currently, it is too easy to run from a player and then use a portal/waypoint to town. I think that the mechanics of instant transportation should be the same; a player should be able to open a portal and instantly, and safely, transport to town. However, I think some kind of penalty should exist when using portals and or waypoints in a cutthroat league. Perhaps a short debuff (1 min?), causing an increase in damage taken, or a decrease in damage dealt, could be applied to a player who teleports to town too often. This is, after all, a cutthroat league: bravery and courage should be encouraged and cowardice should have consequences.

Third and last is griefing. Higher leveled players, currently, are able to kill very low leveled players without penalty. To discourage this sadistic play style, which I too am guilty of, an experience penalty could be implemented when a player kills another player 5-10 levels below them. For example, Player A is level 20 at 75% exp and Player B is level 10 at 30% exp. If Player A kills Player B, Player A loses 20% exp, and Player B still loses 30% exp. This could make cutthroat leagues more fun for players of all levels.

TLDR:

Traps should not replenish during the 20 second grace period.

A penalty, in the form of a debuff, could be implemented for players who use portals/waypoints too often; this encourages PvP fighting and discourages cowardice.

An experience penalty could be implemented for killing players 5-10 levels below you, discouraging griefing and making the league more fun.

So there's my two cents. How did you guys find the event? I would love to hear your feedback. I'll see you guys in the next event :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info