Possibly Korean Folders

Hi,

I am asking for help here for my girlfriend. She has played PoE before and after a recent update encounters a problem:

New folders in here installation directory appear after starting the game with (possibly) korean names. She cannot use any LootFilters and Settings keep resetting after restarting the game. She tried uninstalling it completely with removing any AppData folders and still encounters the same problem. Even trying to install the game in other different languages she gets the same result.
She never changed any settings to korean.

I myself tried to install the game and it worked fine without those troubles and without any korean folders.

Has anybody recently encountered the same problem or knows how to fix this?

Thanks and Merry Christmas
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2024, 1:11:04 PM
Depressing theres been no reply.

Im encountering the same issue today.
I have two suggestions:

First, make sure you have no malware on the system. Do a full virus scan. I suspect it will turn up clean, but better safe than sorry.

After that: Back up content.ggpk to Desktop. Then use an uninstall program to fully remove POE. There are several good freeware uninstallers, I'd check on MajorGeeks to find one. The reason to use an uninstall program is to remove bits and pieces of the game (registry, odd files, and so on) that could be problematical. The game uninstaller isn't that complete.

Then reinstall the game. Return Content.ggpk to the game folder before launch, that will save a LOT of time downloading it again.

Good luck, and I hope this helps you both.

Newevil
Last edited by JBN001 on Aug 24, 2024, 1:12:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info