Will Path of Exile ever have a PS5 version?

Are there any plans of a PS5 version in the works?
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2023, 3:18:49 PM
I also would love a feature to merge my PlayStation account with my main account some day (especially if I were to buy supporter packs exclusive to PSN)
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
I have no inside info or anything, but I've been telling people since the current gen consoles came out that they shouldn't expect a native client before PoE2 launch. It's the most straightforward path to efficient development.

Not saying it *can't* happen before then, just that it's quite unlikely.

No guarantee we get a native PS5 client at that time either. I do hope we do, though.
This has been answered before, and the short version is: no. They can't add next generation exclusivity without losing players and there's only a small consideration that they do this for Poe 2.
"
This has been answered before, and the short version is: no. They can't add next generation exclusivity without losing players and there's only a small consideration that they do this for Poe 2.

Huh?

Why on earth would it work like that?

Do Overwatch, Destiny, CoD, etc, etc, etc work that way?

Creating a PS5 client would not have to mean the end of the PS4 client.

I'm sure that, eventually, they will leave behind the old generation, but there will presumably be some overlap where both clients exist at the same time.
I'm hopeful for a next gen client for poe2 as it would be the perfect time for that to happen. If we don't it's not the end of the world but it would be a concerning indication of the level of support for console players going forward.
Creo que deberían pensar ya en crear un cliente nativo para PS5 que aprovechara todo el hardware. La versión PS4 en PS5 funciona mejor pero arrastra sus carencias. Han pasado ya 3 años desde la salida de la consola y todavía seguimos esperando. Basta con añadir ambas como hacen todos los demás juegos y que cada uno elija la suya propia. En ningún momento existe la posibilidad de pérdida de usuarios con este paso.
They already have a client with improved textures and such for the new Xbox. There's probably some technical reason it's not yet on Ps5.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info