Waiting forever on trades that will never complete solution. *that isn't a buyout option

Sitting around waiting on a currency trade mid/late league wondering if the person you're trying to buy from is afk or just fixing was not fun. Now the trade website lets us, with some annoyance, figure out if a person is afk. Now I sit and wonder is this person legit afk for an hour, mostly afk just so his items show up for sale, or essentially perma afk for market manipulation.

Either having the ingame trade board treat afk players as offline, or auto-logout fk players after a reasonable time period would allow me to stay ingame and not waste a bunch of my time to messing with the tradeboard looking for someone who isn't perma afk, and gives me a much better idea and a more finite timeframe to determine if a person is willing to sell or just attempting manipulation.
Last edited by Pimpernickell on Nov 17, 2022, 4:19:10 PM
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2022, 8:46:32 PM
Two things about this:

1) The serious market fixers delist their items from the trade site. If they show AFK, they may still be manipulators, but not the really serious ones.

2) Some people are AFK but don't show, because they use a rubber band (or whatever) to keep their character "active" even when they're not.

we need a stronger solution

In the insta buyout will fix so many problems but GGG has another solution:
The total deletion of ingame trade board...
Have you considered only trading with people who set prices? That way you can use Poe.Trade and actually whisper them for a response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info