Stuck in lvl88, constant dying!

I am a casual PoE player but in this league I set out to reach the endgame but I have been having problems with the build that I have been using, I arrived from t10 / t12 maps without many problems (First time since I play PoE) but I am having a hard time above, I die constantly and I don't know how to advance in the game.

In the expeditions I die in the maps of lvl74+ and in the mine I cannot advance more than depth 74

My build is a berserker Brutal Cyclone (A guide on internet)

I have res cap and 20 chaos res, I don't have a lot of currency for trade and, according to the guide I use, I'm the same in almost everything he says.

The only thing I can't get is the 6l weapon, but as soon as I have some currency I try my luck.

I don't know how I can link my profile so u can see it but I wanted to ask how I can continue in the game, I can't gain any experience and it's becoming impossible for me to level up.

I greatly appreciate your help.

A huge greeting.
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2022, 2:32:58 PM
Go to your profile: Privacy Settings then uncheck Hide Characters tab.

Where you messed up was following YouTube Path of Exile Builds/Odealo. They bait builds so you RMT from them.

Unhide your characters tab and I'll take a look.
Thank you very much for your help! Yes, you're right, that web page where I got the build constantly spams currency sales advertising, I found the build quite interesting and that's why I tried it (My first char meele, I always played summoner)

I already unlocked the option you told me about, now I think you can see my characters without problems.

Very grateful for your help and comments.
In the current state of the game, if you want to use unwavering you need more life, armour and run vaal molten shell. Later on, you dont have to go unwavering because rite of ruin gives you stun immunity.

- All your gear, except the amulet and belt can be upgraded cheaply and should be. Some gear is so low rolled that improvements are easy, this is a good thing. Example: Find/Buy high armour base helm (Eternal burgonet or Royal burgonet) with a high ilvl with Berserk or Vul enchant (you will add vul on hit later mb), spam it with Screaming essence of Spite or higher. You are looking for life, armour, res or everything except life with an open prefix and craft life on it.
- Craft armour on your belt.
- Drop +1 max fire res for +1 max lightning res. Lightning is probably the most dangerous damage type in mapping
- Drop the mirrored ring, it's killing your reserved mana pool
- Run determination, pride, blood and sand, enlighten
- Drop eternal life flask for a basalt w/ reduced effect of curses or chill
- Instant/50% instant Divine bleed flask
- respec the starting tree to take life and armour
- Take determination reservation mastery
- Socket a physical attack damage leeched as mana jewel (with maximum % life, res, crit multi, etc).
- Get a better rare axe (rare 625+DPS to start), find a weapon first before you sell the Kingmaker
- Consider a good rolled Rumi's over Lion's Roar
- Rare Elder influence >+16 life on hit ring (buy a high ilvl base in trade and spam it with harvest).
- Upgrade to cannot be frozen and reduced chill Pantheon.
- If you have enough move speed now or later, drop the quicksilver for a Topaz flask.
- Fit in dread banner; should be doable when you take the determination mastery and link 3 or 4 auras to enlighten AND drop the -x mana ring
- Equip off hands and level gems in the weapon swap off hand, pick common support gems players use such as impale.
- Get rid of that cluster jewel until you can find/buy a 3 notable 8 passive one.
- Take your level 20 gems (ONLY LVL 20) and 1 gem cutters prism for each level 20 gem, vendor recipe sell them to the vendor for a lvl 1 20% quality one. Level them up from level 1 in white or yellow maps for a few maps to get most of your damage back

Could comment on so much more for improvements, gameplay improvements too. This is a decent start imo.

GL
Last edited by M0ren on Oct 9, 2022, 7:16:43 PM
WOW, it shows that you have a lot of experience in the game, and it shows that I don't hahaha thank you very much for all the details you gave me and the inconvenience of having taken the time to detail them.

I am going to try to modify the things that you tell me and see how it turns out, when using a guide I stick to it and there are many things that, not knowing them, I do not know how to "modify them to improve".

We'll see how it improves, thanks! 😊
"
PiCaLoKi wrote:
WOW, it shows that you have a lot of experience in the game, and it shows that I don't hahaha thank you very much for all the details you gave me and the inconvenience of having taken the time to detail them.

I am going to try to modify the things that you tell me and see how it turns out, when using a guide I stick to it and there are many things that, not knowing them, I do not know how to "modify them to improve".

We'll see how it improves, thanks! 😊

IMO, you'll get small improvements but will still be limited. I think it would be more fun to play General's Cry Zerker. Respec or just start over. 1-90 can be done pretty quick. You should notice a huge difference early.
Go with a CoC or CwC build. There's Manabond/Lightning Conduit/Cold Skills/VD. You can scale damage easier. Could even go the 6 portal glass cannon route.

I feel you'll like the CoC/CwC builds better. Even check out Totem builds. Pure melee builds are pretty limited these days. Just a suggestion and would be worth checking out.

Check Path of Math's videos on General's Cry. Might be for a league or 2 ago, but most of it is still relevant. POE.ninja still shows GC's up there with the same build. It's a solid build and can be started on a budget.

Not too much change from your current tree.

Might also be decent: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3205155

Coming from summoner builds I enjoyed:

Wallach's Freezing Pulse Totems
Wallach's Siege Ballista Totems
Explosive Arrow Totems
General's Cry Zerker

Holy Relic was another interesting build. Can be league started and has a Flicker Strike variant.

They were all good with speed. Ability to clear well and play at a distance when needed.

Toxic Rain was another one that was super cheap and could run through a lot of content. It's really being careful when choosing builds and what guides you get baited into. I've played so many builds and learned there's a lot of duds or they just require way too much currency to make decent.

But I highly recommend going with GC. I think you'll be glad that you did.
Super cheap: https://pobb.in/CEWccxfTjrUE
Last edited by chrischoi on Oct 10, 2022, 4:34:38 PM
The builds u tell me about are very interesting, I generally play summoner so this would be my first char melee, I felt that I wasn't doing things right so I decided to ask here in the forums, I thank both of u a lot for all the comments they gave me and I will try to apply them.

I'm going to see some of those builds and modify my char based on it, since I can't spend much time on the game I don't want to start a char from scratch :)

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer me 😊
Hello again!! I decided to keep the current character and modify it based on what it tells me, I notice an improvement, a small one that does not prevent it from dying, but the char improved.

One thing I notice and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I can't use rage skill when I'm channeling cyclone even though I have generated rage after killing enemies, what I'm doing wrong.

If I don't move with generated rage and without channeling cyclone it lets me use it, there is something I'm doing wrong or I don't understand the mechanics of the skill.

Do you have any idea what it could be? Thank you very much as always for your tremendous help.

Cya arrounf! 😊
"
PiCaLoKi wrote:
Hello again!! I decided to keep the current character and modify it based on what it tells me, I notice an improvement, a small one that does not prevent it from dying, but the char improved.

One thing I notice and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I can't use rage skill when I'm channeling cyclone even though I have generated rage after killing enemies, what I'm doing wrong.

If I don't move with generated rage and without channeling cyclone it lets me use it, there is something I'm doing wrong or I don't understand the mechanics of the skill.

Do you have any idea what it could be? Thank you very much as always for your tremendous help.

Cya arrounf! 😊

It should just be applied. While you have it built up, it should just give the benefits. Unless you're talking about Blood Rage, but I don't see that in your build. Want to share which build you are following exactly? Is it PoE Builds?
Last edited by chrischoi on Oct 15, 2022, 7:16:57 PM
"
chrischoi wrote:
"
PiCaLoKi wrote:

Cya arrounf! 😊

It should just be applied. While you have it built up, it should just give the benefits. Unless you're talking about Blood Rage, but I don't see that in your build. Want to share which build you are following exactly? Is it PoE Builds?

Hi chrischoi!, yes, it's in poe builds, it's called Brutal Cyclone, the strange thing is that before I could use berserker without problems every time I generated rage, I made some changes in the build that doesn't appear in the guide based on your comments, I don't know if I broke it or what happened. rage generated as usual but it won't let me use the skill, I really don't know why.
Last edited by PiCaLoKi on Oct 16, 2022, 10:01:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info