[3.19] Rathpith Firestorm, 15k eHP, 12k Regen, 13m DPS, Medium Budget

Disclaimer: I didn't come up with this build I found it on ladder and repurposed it for more damage.
The original build:

This isn't really a guide it's more of an attempt to raise awareness of a criminally underrated unique buffed in 3.19 and what can be done with it:

Rathpith

With the current stats of 12.5K Life, Rathpith gives

625% Increased Spell damage and
625% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance

PoB
https://pastebin.com/0NiHCj1r

Budget for Final PoB 55 Div, Cost breakdown in PoB (Notes)
I started it with around 30 and it was enough for all content.

Gameplay
Clearing is done mostly with 4L Frostblink supplemented by 3L Armageddon Brand to Maintain power charges and proc onslaught and ignites (for immolate).
Firestorm is used for for heavy Rares/Bosses.
Frostblink will freeze most packs including Rares so it's safe to blink right into them.
Awakened Echo can be Swapped for Awakened Unleash for a safer, albeit more tedious playstyle.

Gearing
#1 Priority is life as more life = more damage
#2 Priority is life Regeneration/Recovery Rate as it double dips into ES Regen

The rest is filler stuff like resists, chaos res should be at least 0
The only stats needed is +8 dexterity for some gems, probably on a jewel

If you have money to burn 2 life grand spectrums and 1 minimum frenzy spectrum would add 250 Life with the same DPS.

Pros/Cons

Pros:

-Very defensive
-High DPS
-Very powerful for the budget
-Simple to gear

-Not T1 Clear
-3 Button Gameplay
-Rathpith can get you killed with an unlucky combo
-Slow movement speed without flasks up

Q&A
Pantheon
Brine King + Tukohama, Garukhan for shocked ground maps

DPS
When firestorm is cast it hits once with a big meteor followed by duration based smaller meteors (10 hits per cast) so the way to calculate firestorm DPS in PoB:
First Impact DPS + Subsequent Impact average hit*10 = 13M Sustained in this case
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Sep 9, 2022, 9:26:32 AM
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2022, 9:18:13 AM
Hi, thanks for sharing, looks great and I’m giving it a try. Did you craft the rares yourself? If so, could you please outline the crafting process? Thanks again.
"
Dungac wrote:
Hi, thanks for sharing, looks great and I’m giving it a try. Did you craft the rares yourself? If so, could you please outline the crafting process? Thanks again.

Hope you like it as much as I do
Nope just bought everything, prioritize life and life regeneration rate and the rest is filler stats
This build looks really interesting to me as I have a generic RF character I'm trying to respec into more of a bosser. What sort of minimum investment do you think is needed to at least feel comfortable playing this build? Not expecting all content, but would it be worth starting at 10-20div, or do you think it'd be clunky/ not work at lower investments? If so which pieces of gear would you prioritize?
"
Niime wrote:
This build looks really interesting to me as I have a generic RF character I'm trying to respec into more of a bosser. What sort of minimum investment do you think is needed to at least feel comfortable playing this build? Not expecting all content, but would it be worth starting at 10-20div, or do you think it'd be clunky/ not work at lower investments? If so which pieces of gear would you prioritize?

It's possible. I don't know how much I spent, but it was way under 10 divines and it didn't feel like it doesn't work.

My first big upgrades were the helmet (3.5 Div) and the awakened gems (11 Div).

Rest of the gear can be cheap, but doesn't need to be minmaxed to get started.

Your pob has 4 gems in the main hand (wand), how is this possible? Thanks!
"
Niime wrote:

I'd say probably 20, you want enough generic damage to be able to clear with frostblink/arma brand alone, priorotize mostly life on everything I guess

The most important piece is a good helmet
Last edited by Catharsis on Sep 9, 2022, 9:20:27 AM
"
iamzodeus wrote:
Your pob has 4 gems in the main hand (wand), how is this possible? Thanks!

That's just arcane surge that you get automatically from watchers eye + zealotry, pob doesn't seem to recognize it so i put the gem instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info