Can I login into my steam account without using steam client?

Can I login into my steam account without using steam client?
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2023, 11:26:44 PM
I've just sent you a PM about this. :)
I pmed u back
I am trying to connect but when I click SUBMIT nothing happens
Is this the guide you are following -->

If you created your Path of Exile account via Steam, it will not have an associated email address on our end.

If you would like to add an email address to your Steam Path of Exile account so you may use the stand-alone client, you should be able to do so by logging into our website using the green 'Sign in through STEAM' button on our login page, then navigating to the 'change email' page here: https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/change-email and proceeding to change the email on your account to the email you would like to sign in with on the stand-alone client for Path of Exile.

BUT for that to work, the e-mail MUST NOT be used in any other PoE account.
As since you are posting from a bran new account and NOT your steam account, I assume the first problem is that you now have 2 seperate accounts.
MERGING of accounts is NOT possible !!!
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Aug 15, 2021, 3:45:12 AM
I have a question off this, the post does help but it doesn't answer my question.

So I do not want to make a new account, I simply want to use the stand alone client and not steam but access my account that was made through steam. To do that do I...set my email address on the pathofexile website to what my steam account email address is, then login to the standalone client using that email?
Hi there,

You should be able to attach your email address to your account through the 'Manage connections' section of your account page. You can use any email address you have access to.

Once this is done you should be able to login to the standalone using the email address linked to your account.
Hello.

So I've juat done the "add email" thing. I got a verification email from PoE, asking me to click on a link to cpmplete request. I did that, but I still don't see my email appear on the "Manage Connection" tab. It still says "none". So, I tried putting my email in again. I got another PoE's verification email like the first time I tried. I clicked on this 2nd email, now it's telling me "This email has been linked to (my Steam ID). If proceed, this account will be deleted and all process will be deleted".

So, I hit cancel and see if I could get better help on how I could have this done. Please advise. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info