MacOS performance issues

Hi,

I am running PoE on my 2019 iMac 27 inch (with 580x graphics) and the gameplay is not smooth at all. For testing, I installed it under Bootcamp, and it works much better (on the same computer).

On Mac, I get about 30fps average only with quite frequent spikes in frame rate drop, like a choke. Everything in graphic options is set to min, or disabled where possible.

On Windows installed with Bootcamp on the same machine, the performance is much better, constant 60 fps with even better graphics (medium). No chokes, no performance drop spikes, and everything is much more responsive.

Any information regarding this, any suggestions? I was very happy about the Mac native release, to not have to install Windows, but with the performance so much worse, it's not really an option...
Last edited by alexlapugean on Jul 28, 2021, 11:52:34 AM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2021, 8:44:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hi! I also have a similar experience with my 2017 27" iMac. I too play mainly through Bootcamp, as my performance in the native Mac client is plagued by super low frame rates and lag spikes.

I don't have any solutions myself, but did want to chime in here as I am in a similar situation and would appreciate any tips or information on this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info