[3.14] Golemancer Chieftain introducing Flame Wall

Seeing Flame Golems run on streams before creating this build always seemed like a fun idea to me.
As I'm used to playing Totems - and this one kinda behaves like running Holy Flame Totems, the single target damage is surprisingly decent even without optimized gear.
It's my first summoner build - so if I'm missing any trick or tip lemme kno.

Skill gems:

[6] Flame Golem + GMP + Spell Echo + Minion Dmg + Minion Speed + Conntrolled Destruction/Fire Pen/Empower/Feeding Frenzy/Combustion/Elemental Focus (/Immolate if provided by helmet)
[4] Void Sphere + Hextouch + Flammability + Inc AoE/Combustion/Faster Casting/Inc Dur
[4] Flame Wall + Burning Damage/Controlled Destruction/Efficacy/Elemental Focus/Faster Casting/Swift Affliction/Spell Cascade/Empower/Unleash/Vaal Summon Skeletons
[4] CWDT(9) + Steel Skin(14) + Phase Run(11) + Inc Dur
[3] Dash + Second Wind + Lifetap/Enhance/Empower
[3] Vaal Summon Skeletons + Clarity(~5) + Herald of Ash /Vengeance (+ Onslaught)
[1] Anger/Zealotry(*?not_tested)

You can throw Flesh Offering onto some CWDT somewhere if You like.

- My gear (for easier visuals):
Spoiler

Choice of gems:

Void Sphere - another option in addition to Flammability might be picking additional curse (in form of either Vixen's Entrapment - double selfcast curse gloves or on a skilltree) and taking Elemental Weakness instead of Inc AoE.

Herald of Ash - if You can squeeze enough Mana Regen on rare items Herald of Ash provides great damage boost for Flame Wall. Otherwise use only Anger with few levels of Clarity (5 is enough in my case).

Before aquiring Primordial Might [Golems are aggressive] link Golems with Feeding Frenzy for QoL AI improvement (without it with enough Increased Movement Speed they still clear fine but not as efficient).

*Switch weapons for gem leveling.

Gear:

2x Clayshaper - more bois.

The Covenant (/Vis Mortis/The Queen's Hunger/Cloak of Tawm'r Isley) - in my case Life cost for socketed skill is great alternative due to veery high Summon Golem cost and mana reserved for auras. Also additional link in form of Added Chaos Damage is interesting addition.

Vivinsect - for sensible Life regen and meeting Dexterity requirements [of Dash (155)]. Minus Mana cost is also nice.

The Primordial Chain - yet to test.

Core golem (Primordial) jewels are:
Anima Stone (purple), Primordial Might (black)/Harmony (blue)/Eminence (white)
Going for 1 Purple and 1 Black is mandatory and remaining slots are taken by Blues and Whites.
Some people believe in maximizing ammount of Blues with golems' cooldown recovery rate, some go for balance between Whites and Blues (3:3).

Note: You can acquire The Anima Stone by vendoring the rest of 3 different Primordial jewels (Might, Harmony, Eminence).

As most of the uniques are cheap You can spend more on perfect rolls, vaaling and yellow gear.

The rest is rares with Life and Resistances mostly.

Cluster jewels:
I researched poe.ninja to find out which passives appear the most on high-end golem characters: Feasting Fiends, Primordial Bond/Vicious Bite, Renewal.
Optimal arrangement for larges is: 8 passives, 2 jewel sockets, 3 perks.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Prefered mods on gear:
- Minion damage
- Life
- Resistances
- Fire/Elemental damage
- Spell damage
- Area
- Cast speed
- Dex (155 for Dash)

Skill tree:

Things to prioritize in a tree:
- Jewel sockets, hands down
- Golems
- Minion damage
- Minion speed
- Fire/Elemental damage
- Spell damage
- Life
- Resistances
- Area
- Cast speed
- Dex (155 for Dash)
- Light radius

Bandits: KILL ALL.

Ascendancy:
First of all I need to address the obvious question: WHY NOT ELEMENTALIST? Marauder posture is closer to that of a golem so it's more natural for him to hang out with the bois.

Presentation purposes:
https://www.twitch.tv/dungo4th

Happy huntings, Dungo
Chieftain Master Race
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2021, 4:26:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info