ice spear Caster deadeye/ All content viable/smooth mapper and a good boss killer

Hi guys, after exploring with this build and pushing it further and further I have done some changes to make it feel a lot smoother and nicer in every aspect possible

Videos coming as soon as possible

Super not clean elder kill (only a bit of our damage used due to standing too close)
Spoiler

Pros/cons
Spoiler

Pros
-Smooth mapping
-Good boss dps
-Not a glass cannon with over 5k hp
-Fun playstyle
-Screen full of projectiles
-speedy boi

Cons
-Expensive and correct items are hard to get
-Cannot be used as a league starter
-Hard playstyle so not a brainless build
(and by hard I mean needs some getting playtime to get used to having to stop to cast)

How to play the build in a boss fight?
Use flasks stand an optimal distance away (the second form does more damage but the spread can cause you to miss if you stand too far away making you deal a lot less damage

PoB (current ones being level 93)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/FeNCXYsh without unnatural instinct
https://pastebin.com/rnv2ET4W with unnatural insinct

the 2 frenzy duration nodes are there to make our frenzies last longer than aspect of the cat, making it possible to have them on permanently.
If you get precursors with frenzy duration (even 1 is enough) you can drop these nodes

Bosses I have beat (and I suck at this game)
Spoiler

Sirus
Shaper
elder
Uber elder
Cortex

Invitations I have done
Spoiler

All but The feared
(Breachlord was the hardest by far cause of all the dodging and walls placed on the map by bosses)

Okey so now that we have gone over what this build can do let's go over what items we are using and the mechanics of the build

Cast speed? from where? 9 FRENZY CHARGES BOIS!
Crit chance from where? 9 POWER CHARGES! KABOOM

How does one achieve such power?
With this ofcourse
Spoiler

The idea is to stack as many power charges as you can. (yes Assasin works too but for ice spear deadeye is better) I can include an assassin version of X spell in the future

What more do we need to get 9 power charges? Well, we take all the power charges from the passive tree we can get 3 additional ones. That makes it 6

Furthermore, we use unique items and corruptions to get more
Spoiler

These bad bois grant us 3 more and yes I would definitely take +1 corrupt any day of the week

Ok now we know how to stack our power charges up thus pushing our frenzy charges up, what do we do about our damage?

Rise and shine
Spoiler

Precursors emblems to scale our damage to the highest point possible (you can use rare rings for an easier time on maxing resistances but I like the customization you can do with these

One last unique
Spoiler

Farrul's fur to permanently grant us 9 power and frenzy charges

Rare items
Spoiler

Why did I choose the mods on the items?
Spoiler

-Shaper gloves for cast speed (not needed but it makes us less vulnerable because casting makes us stop
-Belt anything with an open suffix to fit aspect of the cat Life and res preferred
-Hunter boots for elusive. Badge of the brotherhood boosts elusive effect and this gives us a good bit of dodge and move speed

Summary of items (mine as in of this league)
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Explanation of flask choices
Spoiler

-Life flask, To stop bleeding and to get some life. Ultimatus are hard
-Cinderswallow urn, QOL flask.
-Mana flask, we reserve a lot of mana so we need to get it from somewhere Enduring with warding is the best combination.
-Dying sun biggest dps boost by far, granting us over 2 million dps
-Atziris promise, for that sweet sweet chaos damage.
NOTE
if you want more magic flasks swap atziri's promise out

Auras
Hatred always on
herald of ice for mapping (if you don't want to bother swapping zealotry in while bossing its totally fine Herald grants us plenty of damage but I do swap zealotry for beefier bosses so I don't have to dodge
Vitality to get #life gained on hit while affected by vitality and pene with hatred.

Gems and links
Spoiler
On the gear section. :D
and PoB

Happily answering everything

Last edited by SakkeS on May 14, 2021, 3:39:38 AM
Last bumped on May 29, 2021, 2:47:24 AM
Elder clip not working, doing stuff to fix it soon(ish)
Intresting character!

Would like to see a video on map clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info