All these patches and nothing towards pvp?

First off want to say that if you guys had any passion about pvp like you do the rest of your game it would be A LOT more fun to play. PVE gets boring after a while and people need a break and I'm not the type of person who wants to create another character to get away from being bored.

PvP needs some love. Stop ignoring its glaring faults, if you don't respect it like the rest of your game I rather you get rid of it entirely. Don't give us a broken alternative.

Needs fixing ASAP

REBUFFING: Constant rebuffing is incredibly annoying and pushes me away from wanting to pvp.

FIX: Buffs are done during warm-ups and stay until there is a winner of the entire match.

SUMMONERS: Not only do we have to buff we have to raise zombies/spectres during pvp. Might as well make the opposing player find his weapon on the ground like our dps.

FIX: Summons are done during warm-ups, if a minion dies during a combat round it is the summoners responsibility to re-summon during actual combat in the same/next round. These minions need to be closer to the start zone.

Time for some suggestions on what can make pvp more fun.

1. Battlegrounds
2. Ranking system - make it competitive
3. Give us dual spec, it can only be activated upon entering a restrictly 'pvp area'
4. PvP contests/races.
5. Cutthroat league needs to happen, this default and so called 'hardcore' ladder needs to be pushed aside to the manmode league (aka cutthroat)

I hope I'm just not typing this out for no reason, I wonder if this forum is even paid attention to anymore? With the recent patches it feels pvp is ignored completely.
Last edited by FerociousFeAr on Apr 2, 2013, 6:31:05 PM
The recent patches introduced some new arenas and the announcer voices so they are definitely working on it.

Rebuffing has been brought up before and there are valid arguments on why it should stay the way it is. ( first round you don't know what to expect so you cast a defensive aura, second round you want a different one, if the previous one stays on you have to deactivate it and can't cast the new one because you don't have enough mana ... )

I am sure they are working on improvements and hopefully a ladder/ranking system, it just takes time.
they have done a ton of updates to pvp, actually quicker than I expected too. I think its a good foundation and I remember them talking about pvp tourneys back in the day so I am 99% sure they will have a ladder or ranking system somehow.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Rebuffing shouldn't be a 'tactic' in pvp, that is so lousy. The skill part should be pvp. Not having to hurry up and buff before the enemy is on top of you. Its just more fluid and natural.
by rebuffing are u talking about casting hatred and auras again? Or switching gear? Because I love the gear switch and I think it definitely helps out the balance against certain cheese builds.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
They are losing tons of people because of this. PvP is the end game. And it sucks in POE.

Too many OP skills. No balance. Horrible horrible.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Apr 3, 2013, 10:51:24 PM
"
h3rp3s wrote:
They are losing tons of people because of this. PvP is the end game. And it sucks in POE.

Too many OP skills. No balance. Horrible horrible.

Loving it ATM
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
2 things rule pvp.

1-Temporal chains.The guy with the %20 q temp chains wins.You can BARELY move.
2-Kaom's heart.The only way to counter this is well.... get yourself a Kaom's heart.Yeah.

If you match the requirements above you will win 9 of your 10 fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info