Is fire/axeman build viable?

I started playing towards the end of the previous league. I built a dual wielding axeman marauder with fire on everything, and I loved it. Until i hit act 4 and started dying on every big boss fight. My lightning witch is SO much tankier. When I looked closer using PoB I found my marauder's elemental resistances were really low compared to my lightning witch, but also that armour, which is all you get, is useless against elemental damage, while an energy shield protects against physical and elemental damage.

I started a new axeman marauder in ritual league. I switched from dual wield to single wield when I discovered that you max at 3 sockets on a 1H weapon and I really want two 6 socket skills. I also took care to pick up as much elemental resistance as I could, both on gear and on passives.

Everything was much much better until I hit act 6. I am dying like CRAZY on the mud flats. I am getting 2-shot by normal trash mobs. Instead of charging in the middle and letting loose with a single multi-target strike (I am loving infernal blow with ancestral call) I am running around the outskirts and letting my totems do all the work. Except that doesn't really work on rituals. And my movement speed is so slow that I frequently get caught and hit and die ... to trash mobs.

My current build is https://pastebin.com/BygEndp1

I had a look at a few builds but couldn't find anything that seemed similar. I would really appreciate advice. I thought marauders were meant to be tanky, but this one is anything but.

TBH, I am finding that all classes except witch are a bit squishy, but my lightning, necromancer, and fire witch builds all seem to do really really well, making me feel that the game is a bit unbalanced. Well actually I haven't really played Templar or Ranger as I just can't seem to get interested in them, but I had a really fun shadow...until it started dying all the time.
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2021, 4:58:07 AM
Bump. Please can someone help.

I looked at a couple of other builds. One headed straight through the templar part of the passive skill tree with a few witchy passives, and the other avoided the Maurauder part of the passive tree in favour of an equal templar/duellist set of passives.

It seems weird.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info