[Mac] - Latest patch throws error and crashes on attempting to open and patch Path of Exile

I solved this issue myself, eventually, by manually modifying permissions on the Path of Exile folder inside the Applications folder.

Originally however, for 3-4 attempts I got the same error "You do not have permission to delete Path of Exile". Then it crashed and threw up a "Crash report" screen.As I said above, I gave permission to Read and Write to "everyone" and "admin", on the base folder, and then tried again.

I got a new/different error "Unable to create Path of Exile as Path of Exile already exists." The patcher still managed to download and install the update, and I can now play it with no obvious issues... but I feel like something went wrong here and I hope I haven't got a bugged client now.

I'm not sure if it affects everyone on the mac client, the only custom modifications I made was adding a "hideouts" folder and copying a hideout into there to try and load a pre-built one. But I thought I'd raise it here in case it's affecting more people and/or something bad has happened to my client as per the previous paragraph.
Last edited by Karjalan on Feb 4, 2021, 11:46:24 PM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2021, 11:45:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info