macOS: Unable to use eGPU

I'm using MacBook Pro 2018 with eGPU plugged in.

Here is my spec:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
Processor: 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Radeon Pro 555X (built-in)
Radeon RX 5700 XT (eGPU)

In Activity Monitor, I found that the game client is using the 555X. Even I set the game client to Prefer External GPU, the game client still using the 555X instead of the eGPU.

Also, if Prefer External GPU is checked, the game client can't detect my keyboard input.
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2021, 3:11:34 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just looking at the Options, all of this is missing on the Mac OS client Display settings compared to the PC client so of course the eGPU is not recognized.

Display - example Graphics GPU with Mac OS
Mode - example Windowed Fullscreen
Resolution - example 1920x1080

I can't believe this is still undocumented and not on the Mac OS Bug list.

Workaround is for us to use a variety of settings changes and some helper apps to decrease the processing all performed by the CPU.

Help us out please GGG

Reminding GGG Mac client programmers that you are ignoring the ability to set a fixed game resolution and treating the Mac client like its suppose to run on a iPad instead of a Mac?

Please respond to this issue.

Thanks
Is the latest macOS client still can not use external GPU?
I was going to buy an eGPU for my MacBook but saw this thread so I'd like to confirm if it is still not able to do so.
Would be very happy if anyone can answer it :).
Last edited by Archer0302 on Feb 17, 2021, 8:21:13 PM
You're actually kind of lucky. I'm using an eGPU with an external monitor and PoE is definitely running on my eGPU.

It won't run in full-screen mode, and it will only run in an 800x600 window, no bigger. And it freezes about once every ten seconds, for roughly a full second.

But hey, it's running on my eGPU! Woot?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info