MemeZerker - Raging CoC - 15M DPS - 75/28 GB block - Mild to Wild Gear

Videos at the bottom!

The Concept.
Spoiler

I was really intrigued by the new helmet Crest of Desire, and all of the alt quality gems. I wanted to try one that would be slightly memey and also viable.

Enter the Raging CoC Berserker.

We use the Divergent Berserk gem to get 73% MORE spell damage, some move speed, and less damage taken when socketed into the Crest of Desire. Furthered even more with the Berserk 30% buff helmet enchantment.

Next I wanted to use 2 spells, preferably that would benefit each other, which meant I needed a boat load of attack speed to hit the 12.12aps breakpoint to cast both spells on CoC cooldown.

So we need Rage, and high attack speed. Thus, Berserker.

Path of Building - COMMUNITY FORK required.

PoB seems to never save Alt quality gems, make sure you switch Berserk to Divergent for real DPS and check the gems section for other couple we use.

https://pastebin.com/ZJWRNfnp

Required Items
Spoiler

Crest of Desire - Whole point of the build.

Divergent Berserk - Scale that spell damage!

Redblade Banner - Rage generation

The Effigon w/ Flesh and stone

Important Numbers
Spoiler

Attacks per second - 12.12
We obtain this with Berserker's rage mechanic, the berserk skill and high IAS dagger. Each spell has its own cooldown on the CoC link, so we need the standard 6.06 twice for full DPS. (can reach 15.14 breakpoint if you really want to build for it, I found it a overall DPS loss. If you want to get it, craft cooldown on belt.)

Critical Strike Chance for Attacks - 100%
Can be played anywhere above 70% but you lose a lot of DPS from the different checks that need to be made each attack, easy to cap. The PoB list more ways than needed so import your character as you go along as see where you are. In game menu wont be right, it does not factor in things like enemy on conc ground or the cluster jewel which are both always up.

Chance to hit - 100%
This couples with the crit chance and when both are 100% no accuracy checks, nor crit checks are needed. Every hit lands, and crits. Handled by our amulet and Sand Stance from flesh and stone. Immune to blind as well, since can not evade is more than just 100% chance to hit.

Offense
Spoiler

Up to 15M DPS (a bit higher, but I'm not doing the math and PoB doesn't calculate all of the alt gems.) on Sirus. (add all 3 (WoC + PF1 + PF2) average hits in PoB x 6)
With our phys to ele/chaos conversions and damage scaling it makes great use of a explode chest if you can get one with attack crit. Or cap crit elsewhere if you want to feel the boom a bit cheaper!
119% move speed, 53% while channeling cyclone. Can go higher with investment.

Defense
Spoiler

Surprisingly beefy for lower HP.

3 Endurance Charges every 3.1 sec
Immortal call 2.74 sec duration.
With all buffs up we take 17% of physical damage and 11% of elemental damage, with a 36% chance to be hit by attacks.
75%/28% glancing blows block. (PoB gives us more eHP without GB but I like the consistency, scales well with our other less damage modifiers.)

How to figure and scale damage.
Spoiler

PoB doesn't handle multiple spell CoC natively so you have to take Wave of Conviction, Purifying flame hit and secondary. Add them all together and multiply by your proc rate.

(WoC + PF1 + PF2) * CoC Proc rate = DPS

Since we convert and add as chaos the most effective ways to scale are generic damages.

T1
% increased/more Damage/Area damage/Spell damage/Physical damage

T2
% increased/more Elemental damage

T3
% increased/more Fire/Lightning/Chaos damage

Gear
Spoiler

Helm
Spoiler

Crest of Desire - required (can be played without but DPS will not be as advertised. Make an Assassin instead.

Weapon
Spoiler

Mild - High crit/ias dagger
Wild - High crit/ias dagger w/ spell damage, crit multi and +1 to fire/physical gems and spell gems
The reasons we do not use a "Hits can't be evaded" dagger are two fold. One, it blocks a DPS slot. Two, The Effigon isn't just a meme, it gives us 10% more damage on top of hits cant be evaded. Also its cheap to corrupt for +1 curse.

Shield
Spoiler

Redblade Banner - required
This shield gives us a few perks, max endurance charges every time we Enduring cry
Guaranteed charge generation from our Cluster Jewel notable "Mob Mentality"
Rage generation from "War Bringer" to sustain Berserk longer.

Body
Spoiler

Mild - Any corrupted rare 6L with the right colors, tabula (I used tabby until lvl 85)
Wild -6L rare w/ life, res, +crit to attacks, explode mod

Another option is 6L Carcass Jack, we benefit from both AoE mods on it. Just makes crit capping a bit harder.

Gloves
Spoiler

Mild - Rare or Doedre's Malevolence - cheap, loads of spell damage, don't care about the cast rate.
Wild - Either corrupted ele weakness Doedre's or Unnerve rare w/ IAS, a max charge, or ele damage.

Boots
Spoiler

Mild - Rare w/ life, res, MS
Wild - Rare w/ life, res, MS, tailwind, elusive

Amulet
Spoiler

Mild - The Effigon - Required
Wild - The Effigon w/ dual curse corrupt

Solves our hit chance, 10% more damage to everything near us.
You can alter the build a bit and craft a godly ammy and roll a "hits cant be evaded" godly dagger. You loss a lot to gain a little.

Rings
Spoiler

Mild - Rare or Gifts from Above (nice for MF and some block chance, dual crit and +50% increased damage, cheap)
Wild - Rare w/ -3 to channel cost(only needed on one), Assassin's Mark on hit, life on spell hit (we hit a lot)

If you can get the dream ring, with all the wild stats on one, a Gifts from Above ends up being a DPS boost over another rare. 50% increased generic damage is pretty nice.

Belt
Spoiler

Mild - Rare w/ life, res
Wild - Rare Stygian Vise w/ life, res, ele damage (shaper) w/ crit multi/phasing jewel.

Flask
Spoiler

Atziri's Promise - 15% more dps, sole source of leech (500/s)
Cinderswallow Urn - Great sustain, we ignite so 10% more dmg as well.
Sin's Rebirth - Unholy Might scales very well with the build, smoke cloud buffs our evade chance more.
Quicksilver
Life

Before you have crit chance capped drop sin's rebirth or cinderswallow and run a diamond flask.

Jewels
Spoiler

Transcendent Flesh - In Marauder start area, big DPS boost.
Intuitive Leap - Above Witch
Rare jewels w/ global physical damage, dual crit multi(fire, spell, or elemental), add life if you can afford it.
Watchers Eye -
Zealotry - arcane surge, pen, crit, damage taken are all good
Precision - crit multi. Only if paired with a Zealotry mod as well. We get up to 48% crit multi on a normal jewel and you will have to either self cast immortal call, or drop increased duration from it to fit the gem.

Gems
Spoiler

Main
Cyclone-Cast on Critical Strike-Wave of Conviction-Purifying Flame(Divergent)-Increased Critical Strikes-Awakened Added Fire Damage

Auras
Zealotry(Anomalous)-Herald of Ash-Flesh and Stone(Sand stance)-Enlighten

Run Precision until you can crit cap Cyclone without it.

Movement
Shield Charge or Whirling Blades-Blood Magic-Fortify

Can swap blood magic for faster attacks if you are ok with cinderswallow recovery and feel too slow.

Trigger
Immortal Call(14)-Cast when damage taken(12)-Increased Duration
I level CWDT to about 1/3 of my life typically or until duration reaches enduring cry cooldown.

Berserk(Divergent)!!! Must go in helm.

Charges
Enduring Cry-Increased Duration-Second Wind-Vaal Righteous Fire

Ascendency
1. Flawless Savagery (crit helps while leveling melee)
2. War Bringer
3. Crave the Slaughter
4. Aspect of Carnage

Playstyle
Spoiler

Passive - LMB Enduring Cry, numlock/hold down Berserk, Spin to win!(make sure you hold down both mouse buttons while channeling cyclone so you cast enduring cry while channeling. We have open slots on the skill bar so you could numlock/hold down EC too.
Active - Manually cast Enduring Cry only when below 25 rage, Manually cast Berserk only when at 50 rage. Spin to win!

Too much to keep an eye on for me so I just play it passive. Smack flask when needed, otherwise just spin.

Videos
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/ZFM4Usc_UwA - small montage, haven't geared fully

If you have any suggestions to improve the build let me know!
Last edited by bodhe on Oct 3, 2020, 1:35:59 AM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2021, 10:08:02 AM
Been having a blast with your discharge build and started to get the urge to play cyclone, funny that I find this :P. Definitely going to give this a try.
"
Krooza wrote:
Been having a blast with your discharge build and started to get the urge to play cyclone, funny that I find this :P. Definitely going to give this a try.

It's a lot of fun, the desync with cyclone is pretty annoying though. I hadn't played cyclone since the stun immune change. Every time I get stunned I end up half way across the screen before it finds me.

Didn't matter up to lvl 90 but now a desync death hurts.
Looks interesting, how did you level?
"
Looks interesting, how did you level?

Melee, I picked bladestorm and as my 2nd character this league had a bunch of twink gear. I switch to CoC around 60.
"
bodhe wrote:
"
Krooza wrote:

It's a lot of fun, the desync with cyclone is pretty annoying though. I hadn't played cyclone since the stun immune change. Every time I get stunned I end up half way across the screen before it finds me.

Didn't matter up to lvl 90 but now a desync death hurts.

Yeah, I've noticed the desync, it's pretty bad at times. Other than that i'm having a good time.
"
Krooza wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed the desync, it's pretty bad at times. Other than that i'm having a good time.

Get the 80% stun avoid if you've killed recently boot enchant and run the alt quality cyclone for 20% stun avoid. I don't know if they stack or not but it improved the feel a lot. Lost a bit of cyclone AoE but it already sucks so we're on top of the mobs anyway.

Here's my version with a loooooooot better defence and twice the damage while not doing end-game bosses because then you need to change Leadership's Price to an +2 amulet.

https://pastebin.com/BXkfqD5s

Wiki: "The secondary shockwave can only hit enemies that were not previously hit by the initial cast, meaning that an enemy will only take damage from this spell once per cast." So your dps is a lot lower than you might think lol
Last edited by Yagamai on Feb 15, 2021, 10:27:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info