Firestorm build ideas

i always liked firestorm builds, but most have been lack luster in the past but since they are redoing the gem. any ideas on builds for fire storm now?
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2020, 2:57:08 PM
Wanna be meteor like diablo skill maybe ?

Big crits if the meteor is Pog damagies
yea that it what im thinking, i do remember d2 meteor days
what support gems? what items would be good? spell echo? would cast speed matter? more aoe? if going for big crits, should i be trying to ignite ?
I thought about it as well.

I looked at the spell today and compared it to Armageddon Brand as Fire Meteor skill thing with nearly the same keywords.

The basedamage on the first big hit of firestorm is slightly lower in comparison to the brand. But with firestorm you got the 7 smaller impacts. The brand got the better interaction with ignite. Hard to tell for me which skill will have the higher dmg for clear and bossing.

For the supports I thought for
Controlled destruction
Combustion
Efficacy

So the last two slots, if played six link I am not sure

If I get good ignite chances, immolate would be good. Maybe ignite prolif for better clear.

Else I guess it's something like intensity

Dependant on the base aoe maybe concentrated effect as long as one cast still gets a whole pack.

I fear that the gameplay will be clunky on that spell and the bossing will need to long that I die on an unlucky one shot.
"
eZkalation wrote:
I thought about it as well.

I looked at the spell today and compared it to Armageddon Brand as Fire Meteor skill thing with nearly the same keywords.

The basedamage on the first big hit of firestorm is slightly lower in comparison to the brand. But with firestorm you got the 7 smaller impacts. The brand got the better interaction with ignite. Hard to tell for me which skill will have the higher dmg for clear and bossing.

For the supports I thought for
Controlled destruction
Combustion
Efficacy

So the last two slots, if played six link I am not sure

If I get good ignite chances, immolate would be good. Maybe ignite prolif for better clear.

Else I guess it's something like intensity

Dependant on the base aoe maybe concentrated effect as long as one cast still gets a whole pack.

I fear that the gameplay will be clunky on that spell and the bossing will need to long that I die on an unlucky one shot.

Smaller with the second alt quality ?

Are you sure mister ?30% + 60 % dmg multiplier for first impact seems pog.

Armagedon seem kinda meh of a skill nowadays, are you saying our boy meteor big ignite boy is not capable of doing a grown up boy content ?
i'll have to test it out. it seems like ignite would be viable. i'll have to pob it some more. i guess the issue for me is that im a noob at pob and cant load the new gem specs.
I hope they proof me wrong, but I guess the alt quality gem will drop quiet late in the game.
They are strong, no doubt, but I don't thing they drop before mapping. And I guess they will be quiet expensive early in the league.

I don't want to say, fire storm can't handle content. I will try it myself as starter. A scion (trickser/inquisitor) seem quiet tanky as CI or lowlife char.

But I think on paper alone a triple Herald discharge guardian or something will steamroll the endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info