Doryanis Prototype - Problem with damage reduction calculation

Hello there
can someone explain to me why "even with 90% phys dmg reduction" i get so much damage from lightning hits even though i have my armour buffed and with flasks up to 55k
and also a 50% conversion through talisman from lightning to fire
i also want to try stacking up chaos res up to 80% and try divine flesh
but it seems like the calculation of the "lightning dmg is calculated through armour instead of lightning res" is not the same with 90% as it is with 75% lightning res
can someone explain this piece of armour to me so i can build around it otherwise i dont know what to do to not get oneshot randomly (even on blue maps)
by lightning damage
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2020, 9:30:08 AM
it is because you dont know how Armour works

armour effectiveness depends on how big hit you are facing. thats why tooltip says "estimated physical damage reduction". It means reduction against average hit of average monster. on top of that, tooltip also counts sources of "flat" phys dmg reduction like endu charges, pantheon bonuses etc

here is detailed description of how armour works:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

so yes, its a bit problematic wit doryani prototype. because lightning damage (especially spells of bosses) is balanced around players having 75% resist. also because lightning damage has high damage range with high max damage.. also because "flat" phys damage reduction does not help with that

edit: btw whats the point of creating multiple threads on the same topic? I suggest investing your time in learning basic game mechanics instead

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 7, 2020, 1:10:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info