Stormfire interaction help T_T

HI, when u have corpse pact every time u spawn corpse you shock and chill enemies and when the corpse is consumed or disapears(to create another one) the shock/chill effect 'stops and restart'. Does that mean we can stack a fair amount of burn damage with stormfire ring with a necromancer? Since the shock count as your shock when u play with storm secret?
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2020, 1:48:45 PM
Corpse Pact
Corpses you Spawn have 50% increased Maximum Life
Enemies near corpses you Spawned Recently are Chilled and Shocked
30% increased Damage if you have Consumed a corpse Recently
2% increased Attack and Cast Speed for each corpse Consumed Recently, up to a maximum of 200%

We have confirmed that "Enemies near corpses you Spawned Recently are Shocked" is a different modifier from Storm's Gift "Enemies you kill are Shocked", since Corpse Pact will only count spawned corpses (Desecrate, Unearth), while Storm's Gift will just shock a killed corpse, then proliferate the shock. We have also confirmed that Corpse Pact procs Sadist, so it counts as a "shock inflicted by you" rather than the corpse.

We must also notice that Stormfire has been updated in 3.3, clarifying that the Increased Burning Damage will only count if you shock a non-shocked enemy. This vastly differs from Legacy Mind of the Council's "Recover 3% of Mana when you Shock an Enemy", which apply even in case you shock an already shocked enemy

So, suppose you have a 5% burning damage stormfire, and you launch a GMP Unearth on a pack of 10 enemies. At the impact, you will apply shock to all of those enemies, meaning you will have 10 shocks for a +50% incBurning. If you cast a second GMP Unearth, you will only refresh the shock on those 10 enemies, but will not gain a further 50%, since you are shocking an already shocked enemy.

There is also no way for you to overlap shocks from different corpses and Stormfire bonus, since they both use the "recently" keyword

So, in the end, you can stack quite some burning damage - 50% only for dealing with 10 enemies is indeed a lot, expecially in Righteous Fire Zoom-Zoom builds. But you won't be able to build up million DPS by just counting on that stormfire alone
"So, suppose you have a 5% burning damage stormfire, and you launch a GMP Unearth on a pack of 10 enemies. At the impact, you will apply shock to all of those enemies, meaning you will have 10 shocks for a +50% incBurning. If you cast a second GMP Unearth, you will only refresh the shock on those 10 enemies, but will not gain a further 50%, since you are shocking an already shocked enemy."

That's not like that. I have a loop with cwdt to get perma 200% increase attack/cast speed. Every time the loop cast desecrate + spell cascade + volatile dead + bone offering, all the corpses are removed/consumed and then new ones appears. Once all the corpse are removed/consumed, the shock/chill from corpse pact stops and when it's recast, it "re-shock/chill" enemies|-> So it means it's shocking a non-shocked enemie. Right?

"There is also no way for you to overlap shocks from different corpses and Stormfire bonus, since they both use the "recently" keyword"

I think the "recently" apllies to "each time you have shocked a non-shocked enemie". The wording doesn't imply u can't re-shock the same enemie. But if it does imply that..... you are absolutely right.
"
Psycotoniik wrote:

That's not like that. I have a loop with cwdt to get perma 200% increase attack/cast speed. Every time the loop cast desecrate + spell cascade + volatile dead + bone offering, all the corpses are removed/consumed and then new ones appears. Once all the corpse are removed/consumed, the shock/chill from corpse pact stops and when it's recast, it "re-shock/chill" enemies|-> So it means it's shocking a non-shocked enemie. Right?

If you remove all of the spawned corpses, then the shock is removed from the enemy, in a way similiar to leaving Shocking Ground or a Skitterbot's shocking aura. Thus, a mass corpse removal followed by a mass corpse spawning would cause you to shock a non-shocked enemy, since the effect is bound to all of your corpses' existance

You, sir/madam/apache helicopter, have found a way to reliable bypass the limitation of "shocking a non-shocked enemy". As long you don't actually shock your enemy with your skill, the only source of shocking will be your corpses. As long you can keep that loop go, then you will be able to refresh the shock AND make it count as "shock non-shocked", even if they won't be shocked only for a very brief moment

"
Psycotoniik wrote:

I think the "recently" apllies to "each time you have shocked a non-shocked enemie". The wording doesn't imply u can't re-shock the same enemie. But if it does imply that..... you are absolutely right.

The "recently" from Stormfire applies to the last 4 seconds. Every time you have shocked a non-shocked enemy in the past 4 seconds. As for shocking an already shocked enemy - it is absolutely possibile and is the reason many modifiers clearly state "shock a non-shocked enemy", like with Stormfire
Yeah, you cna forgot about that xD It would work if they were no other corpses arround xD i consume 12 corpses per loop but when there r enemies corpses i consume theirs and not the ones who shock.... so i cant stack the burn :( was a nice try tho :D
"
Psycotoniik wrote:
Yeah, you cna forgot about that xD It would work if they were no other corpses arround xD i consume 12 corpses per loop but when there r enemies corpses i consume theirs and not the ones who shock.... so i cant stack the burn :( was a nice try tho :D

It would work if you automatically consume / destroy the corpses of enemies you kill, with Inpulsa's, an explody chest, or possibly the Cremator cluster jewel notable if you ignite enemies.
"
Psycotoniik wrote:

Corpse Pact make corpses you spawn shock and chill. Are corpses of enemies you kill considered as "spawn"?
Shock from corpse pact does not stack, meaning more corpses =/= higher shock. It's the standard shock value unless affected by shock effectiveness / non-damaging ailments effectiveness.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
Maxtrux wrote:
Corpse Pact make corpses you spawn shock and chill. Are corpses of enemies you kill considered as "spawn"?

No, which is why I recommended removing those prior to consuming the spawned corpses with explosions in order for only spawned corpses to be present and then consumed entirely.

"
Ydoum wrote:
Shock from corpse pact does not stack, meaning more corpses =/= higher shock. It's the standard shock value unless affected by shock effectiveness / non-damaging ailments effectiveness.

Nobody is talking about a higher shock effect. The discussion is about applying shock repeatedly simply for the bonus of having shocked recently as often as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info