Question regarding totems use

Hello all!

I'm a new player and trying to level up a templar using Arc skill with totems. A build I try to follow uses full minion nodes in the skill tree with "Spiritual Aid". I'm wandering if you need to have a minion skill for this to work with the totems, because in the build I saw, it doesnt seem to have any. Must I have "Summon Lightning Golem", for exemple, for this to work?

Thank you for the help!
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2020, 10:09:28 PM
"
Frankydoo wrote:
Hello all!

I'm a new player and trying to level up a templar using Arc skill with totems. A build I try to follow uses full minion nodes in the skill tree with "Spiritual Aid". I'm wandering if you need to have a minion skill for this to work with the totems, because in the build I saw, it doesnt seem to have any. Must I have "Summon Lightning Golem", for exemple, for this to work?

Thank you for the help!

You should seek help in the build thread you're following, not create a new unrelated thread for this.

About spiritual aid:
No. It does literally what it says it does. You can think of it as:
"when I see a stat that says '#% increased minion damage', it also grants me '#% increased damage'"

Totems aren't minion, in case you're wondering. They are an extension of yourself and use your character stats to cast Arc.
This is why 'increased damage' increases the arc totem's damage, and 'increased minion damage' doesn't. But spiritual aid says Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you, so the damage increases will affect your skills, including the arc totem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info