Critique and advice on Standard Arc Totem Hierophant on PS4

Hey peeps. New to the site and hoping to get critique and advice on how to take my Arc Totem Hierophant from the 273k dps it is currently at to the 350k+ that it can apparently reach. I am at a loss. I am honing my skills in Standard right now on PS4(please don't make fun of me) and the options for gear in market kinda suck for what would be my top end preferences but I didnt think my current gear was holding back my dps too much. Am i missing something big or is it something else. I am having trouble with tier 15-16 maps and not confident trying end game bosses yet. Any and all help would be great. My profile is set to public so please check out the toon called LanceChad.
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2020, 1:27:47 PM
"
nickthed3 wrote:
Hey peeps. New to the site and hoping to get critique and advice on how to take my Arc Totem Hierophant from the 273k dps it is currently at to the 350k+ that it can apparently reach. I am at a loss. I am honing my skills in Standard right now on PS4(please don't make fun of me) and the options for gear in market kinda suck for what would be my top end preferences but I didnt think my current gear was holding back my dps too much. Am i missing something big or is it something else. I am having trouble with tier 15-16 maps and not confident trying end game bosses yet. Any and all help would be great. My profile is set to public so please check out the toon called LanceChad.
20/20 Arcane Cloak attached to a level 21 Arcane Surge will be a huge damage boost. Put them on a 4L with Second Wind and Increased Duration and you should be able to cast AC about every 8 seconds when fighting.

Also put Wave of Conviction linked to a Spell Totem support (because you can't do damage on regular skills due to Ancestral Bond, so it must be a totem) and drop it for a moment to proc it's -25% lightning exposure when you start fights and in between your Arc totems every 4-5 seconds (you're constantly re-casting totems every 4-5 seconds anyways to keep up power/endurance charges and keep 8+ curses on you to proc self-flagellation).

Also, it doesn't look like you have Sanctum of Thought passive wheel, is that right? So your Kik rings are reducing 80% of curse effects on you, but you need SoT for 100%, which is a huge deal. 8+ curses on you, even at 20% effectiveness, is still crippling your char badly.

Look at a Choir or Storms amulet. Anoint it with Whispers of Doom (ability to apply 2 curses) when you can afford it (golden oils are very expensive). Do a 4L of Blade Blast (for the unnerve), curse on hit, conductivity, assassins mark against bosses, while using ball lightning in place of blade blast when map clearing. And work towards a 5/20 awakened curse on hit so you can replace Whispers of Doom with Heart of Thunder and still apply 2 curses. Windshreik boots are another option for this, as well as simply using 4 passive points and just pathing up to WoD.

It's easy to get 4 totems doing 1.5M DPS EACH, or about 6M total.

Here's my build that can top out around 10M DPS just for reference. https://pastebin.com/kkrsniYj
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jul 13, 2020, 6:12:58 PM
Holy!! Awesome info and just what I was looking for. Thx a ton🤙
"
nickthed3 wrote:
Holy!! Awesome info and just what I was looking for. Thx a ton🤙
No prob.

Don't forget you can't have 2 guard skills at same time, so steelskin has to go when you put on arcane cloak.

If you want to make it easier on yourself to continually cast arcane cloak, you can slot it in your movement key (for me that's the left mouse button). So every time you try to move, if AC is not on cooldown, it'll cast, which will then proc arcane surge.

Just a helpful tip. Good luck.
i dont want to bother you any more but when i try to import your build to POB i get a 302 error. Tried manually typing it in and removing the s from https. Neither worked. Any clue? or other way I could get your build? sry to bother you have been a great help already.
I think your awesome breakdown and looking at your tree should be good enough for a semi noob like me.
"
nickthed3 wrote:
i dont want to bother you any more but when i try to import your build to POB i get a 302 error. Tried manually typing it in and removing the s from https. Neither worked. Any clue? or other way I could get your build? sry to bother you have been a great help already.

It works for me.
This might be because he is using Path of Building Community(Just a fork on PoB on GitHub)
You can download it from https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info