Oldschool Monstrous Treasure/Nemesis currency farming experiment

Short clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1FMej9yDbY

Monstrous Treasure:
Current progress: 35 maps
Prophecy procc: 6 times...
Instance crashes: 3 times

An instance crash results in an "unexpected disconnect" and the complete shutdown of the map, unable to rejoin it as all portals close up.

Maps: T16 Summit or T14 Strand, ~100IIQ base

Technique used:
Spoiler
- 500% strongbox IIQ sextant
- +2 strongboxes, all strongboxes are rare+corrupted sextant
- 2 random sextants
- 3 Mortal fragments or 3 reg. fragments, Gilded Ambush Scarabs. - Alternating between regular maps and 80% delirious (all exalts dropped in non-delirious maps)

Current notable loot:
- 10ex (8 from Monstrous Treasure procced maps)
- 41 divines
- 1300 Simulacrum Splinters

Warning: rolling those sextant mods is a pain in the behind. I've already used up about 600 awakened sextants. It's still a profit, though, so widepeepoHappy.

23.05.2020:
I'm getting really triggered today. The fact that even proccing prophecies is RNG-based is the most frustrating thing ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nemesis monsters drop additional currency items:
Current progress: 12 maps
Instance crashes: 0 times

Map: T15 Desert Springs, ~100IIQ base, Rare monsters have a nemesis modifier.

Technique used:
Spoiler
- Nemesis monsters drop additional currency items sextant
- Rare maps contain 5 additional rare monster packs sextant
- Areas contain 5 additional packs with rare mirrored monsters
- Random sextant, because trying to roll for Beyond is a sextant sink
- Scarabs that provide more monsters, e.g. Breach, Legion, Ambush
- 20% delirious, just to be under permanent delirium for more monster spawns and perm. fog in Incursion via Alva mission
- random prophecies I gathered during the league, e.g. plague of frogs, rats

Current notable loot:
- 8ex
- 12 divines
- over 2ex in raw chaos drops

Rolling these sextants seems much easier than the strongbox ones, and is definitely a more profitable way of obtaining currency, though riskier. On average, about 20c was invested per map to roll the sextants and maps with nemesis mod.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jun 4, 2020, 9:37:39 AM
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2020, 5:01:53 PM
I alwayst stash the mods away to some corner when I do normal awakener runs but that must be a pain indeed ^.^

Have you also experimented with non-corrupted strongboxes? I imagine the a chase unique being corrupted on drop to be rather meh...
Erenor / Kaenro / Xharos / Darksidious / Apoorman / Tarparina

To see whether I'm currently online: poestatistics.com/users/erenor
"
Erenor wrote:
I alwayst stash the mods away to some corner when I do normal awakener runs but that must be a pain indeed ^.^

Have you also experimented with non-corrupted strongboxes? I imagine the a chase unique being corrupted on drop to be rather meh...

I did not. I'm trying to maximize on the quantity of strongboxes in a single map. Plus it is very convenient when all strongboxes are already rare; speeds up entire farming process. No need to stop, roll them - you get it.

Just had Skyforths drop as well, uncorrupted.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on May 14, 2020, 7:56:39 PM
long ago 500%iiq on sextents was as normal as most others..... GGG likes you using 600 over 20 though
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:
long ago 500%iiq on sextents was as normal as most others..... GGG likes you using 600 over 20 though

I know. It's really fun clicking over and over again. Just like with fusings. :D
Data and thread updated with a new experiment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info