Hollow Palm - Vaal Ancestral Warchief Totems - Hierophant

PSA: This is my first build guide, so it will be subject to many updates on this post. I am still unsure on how to format a build guide so I am open to tips.

In Delirium with the introduction of Hollow Palm Technique we now have a new way to scale unarmed damage without the use of FaceBreaker Mitts.

I wondered to myself, could I make this viable for Ancestral Warchief Totems?

Just how much damage can it do...

Spoiler

PROS/CONS

Spoiler

The hurdles you encounter with Hollow Palm Technique is you attack so quickly that it becomes difficult to sustain mana. This is not an hurdle for totems. Another issue is that we lose 3 gear slots (Gloves, Weapon, Offhand) which leaves you quite vulnerable to being a 'squishy build'. This is also worked around by using the Templar tree and making our way down to the Archer corner and taking advantage of all the life clusters along the way.

PROS

Spoiler

>Good Single Target DPS
>Can be done on a budget
>Tanky
>Off Meta
>Plenty of room for improvement with current league jewels

CONS

Spoiler

>Totem Game-Play is not for everyone
>Can be expensive to min/max
>No Life/Mana Regen sucks
>Cannot do PHYS reflect

Gear

Spoiler

We want to prioritize as much flat life and dexterity on all pieces of gear.
As this is a DEX stacking build.

The chest in this case is an exception as we are also starved of resistances due to the lack of rare gear in the build.

Stats

Spoiler

Pastebin/Passive Tree

Spoiler

Passive Tree

POB

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/ykV9WZnC

Currently, Path of Building is not calculating my DPS from my Hollow Palm Jewel but here is a general outline of the layout of the build.

Thread Of Hope on the Left side of the tree is used to pick up Ancestral Bond and the one on the far right of the tree is used to pick up Acrobatics.

Videos

Overall

Spoiler

Overall this build is quite tanky and has pretty good single target damage.
But again, this is a rough outline as this build was only made in a day. With it I have been able to clear 20 Waves of Simulacrum, Shaper, Sirus, and all maps up to T16.

Last edited by Linx_755 on Apr 4, 2020, 8:32:53 AM
Last bumped on May 1, 2020, 2:58:29 AM
DAMMMMMMMNNNN Daniel. thats some totem damage. i want to try this.
good
Last edited by dgrilon on Apr 25, 2020, 5:07:52 PM
How it holding up on the endgame content AW8 sirus/U.elder and consorts? :D

Wanna try a templar but nothing of the meta stuff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info