3.8 Oni-Goroshi Fire Wild Strike?

Been wanting to try an Oni league starter (I'm prepared for the eye burning grind), and after the Combat Focus change, seems fitting to look into a Fire Wild Strike with Oni for even more fire.

Concept:
Wild Strike, Oni-Goroshi, 2 Combat Focus to do fire only
6k HP, 4 end charges, perm Fort, ~2 million damage, high crit and crit multi to keep Igniting to maintain Embrace (3 seconds).
Chieftain for endurance charges, fire pen, and regen to counter Embrace's degen. Might switch Tasalio for Hinekora for Ash damage once HP/resists are sorted, but Tasalio should be really good up to yellow maps.
Cheap enough to farm for next build. I'm not the greatest at PoB, but a lot of stuff I tried to replace Oni's with was a net damage loss for Wild Strike.

Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/tdj46hTj

Gear:
Oni's, Abyssus, Kaom's, and pretty standard rares. Could swap in a Lion's Roar for a lot of damage, but probably don't want the knockback headache. Bleed, freeze (off-chance I don't have Embrace up?), and curse immune flasks. I tried not to go too overboard. Maybe 2-3 exalts mostly for Abyssus and Kaom's, not including the Oni's soul crushing cost.

Wild Strike supports:
Multistrike/Ancestral Call, WED, Melee Phys, Fortify, and Ruthless

Auras:
Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity, Blasphemy Assassin's Mark, and level 1 Precision

Other stuff:
Vaal Warchief for bosses, Blood Rage for Frenzy charges when HP regen/leech is sorted out, Leap Slam & Rage

Any thoughts? Or should I skip the headache and find something else?
Last bumped on Oct 11, 2019, 9:00:02 PM
Wait, Combat Focus is for EH only right? How can you extract fire only Wild Strike?
Ah sry, got it updated
Sup bruh, I wanted to do something similar but not with oni-goroshi, but 2x Vulconus daggers. But I guess running with Oni will be much easier since we don't have any any dagger nodes around marauder or south duelist area, which kinda sucks :D I'd like to still give it a try, but POB show's only 500k dps and that's a bummer :(
"
kurwokwas wrote:
Sup bruh, I wanted to do something similar but not with oni-goroshi, but 2x Vulconus daggers. But I guess running with Oni will be much easier since we don't have any any dagger nodes around marauder or south duelist area, which kinda sucks :D I'd like to still give it a try, but POB show's only 500k dps and that's a bummer :(

Never seen that dagger before. Unfortunately, I don't think Avatar of Fire will work for this build like Elemental Hit and we already have 100% conversion to fire with Wild Strike. So it is worse for us since it will stop bonus damage like Taste of Hate and Atziri's Promise. Maybe down to 1.5m damage with 2 of those and you can't use Kaom's so HP drops a lot. AoF does open another possibility though, 90-100% conversion to fire with something like Pyre or Cold to Fire and then isolate cold instead of fire.

I spent some more hours and unfortunately concluded Slayer will probably be better like usual. Ended up with 3.5m (assuming full shocked) and 4.5m damage with Blood Rage & Frenzy (6m for bosses with Vaal Warchief). I am probably going to give up the idea of combat focus jewels unless it does add damage to pick a specific color like EH. More squishy, but shock and chill from the cold/lightning attacks add quite a bit of offense and defense and the range will help for towers/Legion clear speed over pure fire.

Slayer Wild Strike pastebin if you're interested. Will tweak it more tonight at work:
https://pastebin.com/zzFV70V9
I thought about this after I saw the mbXtreme video XD. Here is my Pob:

https://pastebin.com/QgyMb1Hg

PD: Remeber to put damage against Shaper/Guardian, the damage is considerably less :(
Last edited by Zharles on Oct 11, 2019, 9:02:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info