My Ice Shot Build Sux

Pastebin https://pastebin.com/LHkUtPFq
POB : Link

Ok I wanted a very ice build but everything sux. I can't reach 4k HP, my damages are bad, I got mana issues and I can't finish 4th lab.

What did I do wrong ?
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2019, 11:52:49 PM
First issue is that you have only 138% life from talent tree, this is low.

Second, most of these type of bow build are crippled if you can't afford the lioneye jewel that will convert claw nodes to bow nodes, as they provide a lot of crit and leech for less points than you spend otherwise on similar stats.

You also haven't picked Heartseeker nodes. Your crit chance is low. Meanwhile you spent 2 points for 15% elemental resistances that could be fixed with gear.

Your flasks are weak. 3 of them have no suffix. Use bestiary to transform white flasks into flasks that remove bleed, freeze and another one of your choice like curses or shock. Flasks "of iron skin" are poor value on an evasion character. You want some more physical damage reduction get a basalt or granite and then craft affixes on them.

You're playing with elemental focus. While good on paper, it makes your main skill neither freeze nor chill basically removing a layer of defense which is preventing mobs from creeping up to your face. Ice bite has no synergy with that setup either. Getting something like hypothermia, cold penetration or increased critical strikes would probably serve you better. Your gems are also only level 17 atm.

Your gear has a lot of room for improvement, you have items that could easily get more life or resistances on it, freeing other slots from having to cap resistances so they could be used to get items with more damage oriented stats. For example your second ring could easily have more resists, or something useful on it like added damage instead of strength and energy shield...

Anyway your best bet would be to pick one of the many ice shot guides that exist on this sub forum and check especially the levelling tips, picking "correct" talent and ascendancy points but in "wrong" order can make your build weaker until you reach the "full" build.
Well thanks ! this a complete answer.

I'm currently going for the 3 big life nods after the crit on the upper side. but there is not many more life I can reach except the dualist starter ones and the 2 little 4% on the bottom right.

Lioneye Fall is out of my reach atm but I ll buy it later. It's a bit sad that I HAVE TO take it to make this build work.

Ok for the resist/crit part. Will try to fix this.

For the flask I honestly often don't have the time to use them. Most of the time when I die, it's a legion monster who jump on me and I get OS. So really use of unfreeze/curse/armour.
I mostly use life flask.
But it's a good point.

You're right on gems too I was focus on damage output tood by pob.

On the gear side I find it hard to get resist capped without spending Ex. life+all resist are pricey and my armour/quiver choice makes me pass on much life and resist but I like them.

I usually follow guide and it works well but I wanted to avoid that for this build and try by myself. Yet here I am ^^

Thank again for your guidance!
You're also only level 73.... level up another 17 passive nodes and reach level 90... get your gems to level 20, watch your damage explode.

I'm also running an Ice Shot build.. it's my favourite skill. Build guides are useful for general tips etc but feel free to customize as you wish..
"
Kemingway wrote:
On the gear side I find it hard to get resist capped without spending Ex. life+all resist are pricey and my armour/quiver choice makes me pass on much life and resist but I like them.
Tbh with the price of hyrri's ire currently you could have gotten 90%+ resists yellows 70+ life in every slot probably, rushing hyrri's ire chest before rest of the gear was probably a big dent in your budget unless you found it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZET4C5HAz3s
This is a good video explaining to new players how to shop for items without overpaying for them, even if for this season you won't get much out of it, in 1 month we're getting new league and it's worth keeping in mind. Expensive uniques should only be prioritized imo when they're build enabling, i.e. the spec is unplayable or absolute garbage without them.
I did find the Hyrri's ire ;) actually that's yhy I yanted to try the ice shot build.

Thanks for the videos, I already have seen it, it's ok if you just aim to cap, but when you aim for other stats(elem dmg, add phys dmg) on top of this equipment, that's when the price hurt XD
Last edited by Kemingway on Aug 7, 2019, 3:46:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info