[3.9] LowLife Essence Drain Guardian | 10k+ es, 80 max res, Awakener Viable, EZ Uber Lab

So I've seen this build pop up on poe.ninja but since no one has made a build guide for it yet, I thought I'd make one.

Pros/Cons

+ Tanky, easily can go above 10k es, even more if you have the money to spend.
+ Damage is respectable and enough to do most of the endgame
+ Essence drain is the king of clear right now, clears monoliths very easily
+ Most of the items are unique which makes it easier to gear
+ Relatively cheap to get started with

- While the damage is respectable, you'll need to invest in the build to be able to do the hardest bosses.
- Can get expensive to min-max rares
- Not the fastest build out there

POB
Lvl 95
https://pastebin.com/knBMtzte

Bandits_Pantheon_and_Ascendancy

Bandits: Kill All
Pantheon: I prefer Shakari and Brine king, but this choice isnt vital.
Ascendancy order:
1: Radiant Faith
2: Bastion of Hope
3: Time of Need
4: Unwavering Faith

Gear

My_current_gear

InDepth-Explanations

UNIQUES
Helmet:

Memory Vault is our Best-in-slot helmet because it gives you a stupid amount of mana and a decent amount of energy shield. But the big mod is the "Gain armour equal to your reserved mana". This is one of the reasons we want to have as much mana as possible since with some decent gear we can get 5-6k+ flat armour from this helmet. Prioritize the mana roll.

Body Armour:

A vital part in all low-life builds, this chests makes chaos damage unable to bypass energy shield, which would otherwise kill us. Absolutely mandatory if you're planning on reserving your life.

Gloves:

These gloves add a ton of mana and energy shield by stacking strength. Good corruptions aren't too pricey either, look for + lvls to socketed gems (aura/aoe also helps)

Belt:

This belt gives us as much as 15% attributes, which greatly benefits us since we're trying to stack strength and intelligence. It also gives us 1% increased damage per 5 of our lowest attribute, which makes dex not totally useless since it increases our damage. Good corruptions include increased Malevolence and Zealotry aura effect.

Shield:

A staple in most guardian build, gives us dex which we both need for our gems and to boost our damage. It's the main way we reserve life in this build, since we don't have to deal with the penalty of the blood magic support gem or constricting ourselves to only having blood magic with the keystone.

Jewels:

Healthy mind converts the life nodes in its radius to double the amount of mana which for this build means more energy shield. Get a good corruption if you can afford.

The main mod on the watcher's eye we're looking for is "Gain #% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity". This mod will increase our es by a substantial amount. If you have the money to spend, other clarity, malevolence and discipline modifiers are a plus.

Flasks:

This flasks boosts our dps by quite a lot, get a good-rolled one if you can afford it.

RARES

Wand:

Here the most important mod is "+#% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier". The other mods that will boost our damage are: Spell damage, Chaos damage and Damage over time. Cast speed is also not a bad mod but it wont increase our dps by much.

Amulet:

You want to look for: INT, STR, ES and mana. If you want to go more defensive, go for a Three Rat Talisman, it increases our attributes by a lot. If you wanna go more offensive, get an elder ammy with "+#% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier".

Rings:

Look for the same things on these as you did on amulets

Boots:

Same thing on these as on rings and amulets, but try to get ones with good MS

Last edited by ULTRALUL on Feb 15, 2020, 10:57:40 AM
Last bumped on Feb 29, 2020, 3:06:18 PM
Played same build in 3.7 LHC, build is very tanky and good overall indeed. Similar to common LL RF, but with some differences. ED is ranged, so one can kite. Have slightly less armour, 50k instead of 70k, not a big deal. Can do less recovery and -max map mods, it's big imo. Build lack gear sockets, because of many auras and skills, it's hard to fit everything and one have to sacrifice something.

Some notes about this guide itself.

Presence of Chayula amulet is better imo. It's less es, but stun immune + chaos res.
Arcane surge gem in contagion links, free ~13% more dps.
(Vaal) molten shell is good, worth using.
Wither totem is kinda pob-warrior thing. Totem dies very easily and blight plus jewel gives enough wither.
I use blight with only one support - infused channeling, as more multiplayer for ed and not source of dmg itself. Mostly because of lack of sockets. I am not sure what option is better.

My char profile
"
Wicirelllis wrote:
Played same build in 3.7 LHC, build is very tanky and good overall indeed. Similar to common LL RF, but with some differences. ED is ranged, so one can kite. Have slightly less armour, 50k instead of 70k, not a big deal. Can do less recovery and -max map mods, it's big imo. Build lack gear sockets, because of many auras and skills, it's hard to fit everything and one have to sacrifice something.

Some notes about this guide itself.

Presence of Chayula amulet is better imo. It's less es, but stun immune + chaos res.
Arcane surge gem in contagion links, free ~13% more dps.
(Vaal) molten shell is good, worth using.
Wither totem is kinda pob-warrior thing. Totem dies very easily and blight plus jewel gives enough wither.
I use blight with only one support - infused channeling, as more multiplayer for ed and not source of dmg itself. Mostly because of lack of sockets. I am not sure what option is better.

My char profile

You already get stun immunity from the guardian ascendancy so no need for presence.

Arcane surge is viable but if u want the most clear u want intensify and inc area of effect.

Molten shell is good, but can't really fit it in the build sadly. Might be an option to do 1socket blight to fit it in.

The blight jewel is hard to fit into our passive tree, spell dmg, chaos multi is very good.
Hi !
Nice build seems to be really strong, I'm playing ED as witch with life but this version seems to be so much stronger.

Do you think a chaos type impresence could be possible as amulet ?
And for survivability, do you count on es leech or es regen ?
Some gameplay videos could be very nice if you got time :)

Thanks and have fun !
"
SniperPing wrote:
Hi !
Nice build seems to be really strong, I'm playing ED as witch with life but this version seems to be so much stronger.

Do you think a chaos type impresence could be possible as amulet ?
And for survivability, do you count on es leech or es regen ?
Some gameplay videos could be very nice if you got time :)

Thanks and have fun !

The chaos imprencence is an option if you want more dmg, yes!
And for the regen/leech, im pretty sure dmg over time cant leech, in which case it would be pretty much useless.
Updated for 3.9
Is this HC viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info