{3.7} Enmity Divine Abyssus Heavy Strike Concept

Hello all,

With the new melee rework, I've been working to make a new build with Enmity Divine work.

I've settled on a heavy strike shockwave beserker, but want to have the build looked over for two things:

1) Any inefficient pathing

2) More importantly, I'm not sure how to calculate the actual uptime of the buff from Enmity Divine (lasts 8 seconds, 40 seconds cooldown).

I'm trying to extend the duration to 100% uptime with Solstice Vigil and self-cast temporal chains, but not sure if it worked.

PoB link is here: https://pastebin.com/EWnC7sVm

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, especially about temp chains before I actually invest the time to build it out.

Thanks!

Edit: Just so you know why that "custom" stibnite is in the build, PoB doesn't calculate the buff from enmity, or impale stacks. The more multiplier is the impale, everything else is from enmity.

Last edited by VahnNoa on Jun 16, 2019, 12:35:11 PM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2019, 5:15:22 PM
Heya,

interesting Idea, looks pretty fun.

To your questions:

1) Pathing looks good, I think. Not the biggest expert.

2) The altered duration of buffs on you seems to be equal to d/(1-s), where d is the base duration and s the "% slower expiration".

In this case d=8 for 8 seconds of Harbinger buff and s=0.73 for 40% (TC) + 33% (Shaper's presence) slower expiration of buffs on you, I think.

-> 8/(1-0.73)=29s, roughly.

If I did not forget anything, that should be close to 30s uptime and 10s downtime. (Do we have to factor in the 40% reduced TC effectiveness against players?)

For the rest of the build, your 50 unreserved mana seems a little low for a HS costing 27 mana. Maybe flat reduced mana cost fixes that, and also makes travelling with Leap Slam more comfortable.

But other than that, it seems pretty fun and I'm thinking of trying it myself. Have you tried any of this yet?
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't actually, as I'm still trying to figure out currency investing so I can build this without sweating it.

The 40% reduced effectiveness would have to be accounted for I believe.

The up/downtime I wanted at 100%, but I guess it's way better than other buffs.

As far as mana, you are right there for sure. It may be best to get -15 mana cost on a chest, since those only run 80c- 2 EX at the moment, and Enmity's "socketed gems supported by level 10 leech" does nothing, since all attack builds sit at cap anyhow.

Would also remove the need for a 6-link Enmity.

I will be trying this out for sure once I get the currency situation figured out.

"
Lightened wrote:
Heya,

interesting Idea, looks pretty fun.

To your questions:

1) Pathing looks good, I think. Not the biggest expert.

2) The altered duration of buffs on you seems to be equal to d/(1-s), where d is the base duration and s the "% slower expiration".

In this case d=8 for 8 seconds of Harbinger buff and s=0.73 for 40% (TC) + 33% (Shaper's presence) slower expiration of buffs on you, I think.

-> 8/(1-0.73)=29s, roughly.

If I did not forget anything, that should be close to 30s uptime and 10s downtime. (Do we have to factor in the 40% reduced TC effectiveness against players?)

For the rest of the build, your 50 unreserved mana seems a little low for a HS costing 27 mana. Maybe flat reduced mana cost fixes that, and also makes travelling with Leap Slam more comfortable.

But other than that, it seems pretty fun and I'm thinking of trying it myself. Have you tried any of this yet?
wait! Before you waste your fusings 6l'ing enmity and time trying to make this build work please note:

No duration from gear/passives/gems works on the enmity divine buff. I tried making a build like this myself at the beginning of Legion and was sadly disappointed. It's a separate type of buff different from many things and nothing will increase the duration/reduce the cooldown, unfortunately. RIP.
"
guamlegend wrote:
wait! Before you waste your fusings 6l'ing enmity and time trying to make this build work please note:

No duration from gear/passives/gems works on the enmity divine buff. I tried making a build like this myself at the beginning of Legion and was sadly disappointed. It's a separate type of buff different from many things and nothing will increase the duration/reduce the cooldown, unfortunately. RIP.

Thanks for the heads up. It was next on my build list!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info