Okayish Ele Wander Gear in Synthesis - all Bosses down, yadda yadda

Yo, decided to play Wander for Synthesis and see where it takes me/how it feels these Days.

Been Fun, but Wanders are still clunky IMO. Maybe a new Singletarget Skill with the Ranged Attack Balance Patch will help. And Animation cancelling a Barrage with an instant Flame Dash will be tremendously helpful in 3.7.

Full Health Shaper Kill for fun:

Gear for Bossing:
Spoiler

Weaponswap to this
for slowdown/dodging Phases, EC Generation and to Proc Arakaali via getting rid of Blood Rage. The Phase Run lasts like 8 Seconds because I Always have 2 Frenzies to use thanks to my other Shield, and the castspeed in the Wand makes Flame Dash feel a bit snappier:

I tried to hit a better ring for wrath on a +3 fractured one, as Well as a flat Ele to Attacks on top of the other stuff on the Amulet, and a better LGoH Ring. A couple thousand Fossils later, I have nothing to show. Insanely unlucky, but I've been pretty damn lucky this League in other ways (Boss spawns, Jewel slams, etc.), so it evens out I guess.

Swap-ins for Mapping:
Spoiler

The Corrupted Blood Immunity means basically Bleed Immunity. Hence no Bleed Immune Flask. Normal Bleeds don't hurt/don't happen, especially with Deadeyes anti Bleed Node. A Puncture from a Chunky Rare in a Delve might be bad though, but hasn't happened to me yet.

I also change the Storm Brand + Projectile Weakness in the Boots to Innervate + Warlords or Assasins Mark. Innervate procs from HoI Kills and is a bit more Damage for me and the Herald, Assasins Mark adds some consitency in Crits and Warlords Mark a bit of much needed Tankyness.

Is obviously also an Option, but I wanted HP.

The Jewels:
Spoiler

PoB: https://pastebin.com/xwiYfa63
Includes Gearsets and Gemswaps for the different Setups.

8.3 Million Shaper DPS at 7.3k HP, without Vaal Haste and Adrenaline in the Bossing Setup.
On a Cullable Target like a full Health Shaper it's ~10 Million due to the Animate Guardian.

Here is what that guy wears btw:
Spoiler

+50% Crit Multi, -9% Cold Res to nearby Enemies, Cull (, and Fortify).
30k HP with capped Res and like 2.8k Regen. He sruvived every Boss so far, easily.

Shaper DPS in the full Health Shaper Kill was 15 Million, due to Vaal Haste, Adrenaline and all the Animate Guardian Bonusses.

Generally it was a fun experience. League Started up to white Maps as Toxic Rain, then respecced to wander once I got a piscators, a Hypothermia Helmet for KB, Tombfists and 2 or 3 Abyss Jewels.

The Rest was smooth sailing ever since. While KB isnt what it used to be (an Allrounder Skill), it still remains one of the mechanically Most absurd Clearskills in the Game. And Barrage offfers fine Singletarget Numbers, but not as much as some newer Meta Skills obviously.

My Problems with this Wander were in Bossfights, whenever the lack of a fast moveskill coupled with barrages long Animation (initially) made it hard to dodge. And generally Barrage is a pretty horrbile Skill in terms of feel, IMO, simply because you need to hug the Boss on a character that doesnt have enough Mitigation to really allow that.

But the Energy Leechh Support was a godsent in a way, as it allowed me to replace slower proj, resulting in a much more comfortable Playstyle due to less spread and less delay of the proj hitting the enemy.

Onslaught Boots, perma Charges, Lots of LGoH, other Shaper and Elder mods, new corruptions, insane mastercrafting, etc. were all additions since the last time I played Wander. And regardless of all the Problems this Archetype has when compared to some Meta Choices, all this passive powercreep made it pretty fun.
Last edited by Guffinn on Jun 3, 2019, 5:58:51 AM
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2019, 4:52:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info