3.6 Cold projectile bow CoC

This is going to be my first time writing a build guide so bare with me XD.

Since I started playing path of exile I have always looked at trigger gems in a special way, there is something about hitting a monster with a attack and unleashing a torrent of spells to destroy everything on screen that just is sooooooooo satisfying.

With that being said i would like to introduce my CoC Cold Projectile based Inquisitor!

*Disclaimer* This build is in no way perfectly optimized, i consider myself a
casual player and with that currency is somewhat limited

Pros/Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
Pretty
Capable of high maps/End game Content
Relatively "Tanky"

Cons:
Can be a Lagfest on low end comps
Mana solutions for single target needed
Mana map mods are less then ideal
Needed Lioneye's Fall Jewels

Screenshots:

Skill Tree

Gear
Spoiler

Weapon:
The only thing that i would consider "Manditory" for higher end content is the crafted Shaped bow with the Supported by level X Cast on critical strike. You can do this with a different setup and just use a actual Coc gem though your dps is going to suffer greatly

Quiver:
Anything goes here really. I used this quiver for its high amount of life and Accuracy due to being in the top right of the tree

Rings:
Using the Taming allows for very easy resistance capping and has a decent amount of elemental damage. Rare rings with Cold Damage/ life and resistances are well preferred in these slots. The 10% Elemental Ailment chance isn't negligible either!

Amulet:
Pandemonious is a great amulet for this build. not only does it have Cold Damage but it gives us penetration and Blind Chilled Enemies on hit

Other options for this slot would just be a rare amulet with life,Cold Damage and resists or Victario's Acuity Turquoise Amulet

Body Armour:
I use a Kaoms Heart here just for the high amount of life that it gives, this could be replaced by just about anything if you wanted to.
Impulsa's is a honorable mention here

Helmet:
The two options here would be a Devoto's Devotion for the attack speed/Movement speed and Starkonja's for the life/cirtical strike chance

As for lab enchants, Attack speed for the Rain of Arrows is very important. Attack speed is one thing that is relatively hard to come by

Gloves:
These gloves are insane for this build. Rampage is such a strong mechanic not to mention the life/Physical Immunity/Ailment Removal. Shadows and Dust could also be used here for a more budget option. still giving good stats to the build

Boots/Belt
Make up your Resistances here. 25+ Movement speed makes a huge difference on boots. My gear in these slots are sub par due to once upon a time trying to balance my resistances for wise oak.

Jewels
Spoiler
2 Lioneye's Fall's Are mandatory for this build. converting Disembowling and Serpent stance clusters to work with bows.

note here that the Serpent stance cluster also effects our spells due to it being Global when wielding a bow

Other jewel slots in this build could be filled with just about anything, i took a very cheap approach to this and just used Grand Spectrum Viridian Jewels for 36% increased elemental damage per jewel ( as long as you have 3 socketed)

Gem Links
Spoiler
Your choice of Frost Bolt or Arctic Breath-Ice Spear-Increased Critical Strike Chance-Greater Multiple Projectiles-Faster Attacks- Rain of Arrows

If you are using a Coc gem i would just run Frost Bolt or arctic breath for map clear and ice spear for single target

Herald of Ice- Curse on hit- Assasin's mark

Cast on damage taken-Immortal Call- Warlord's Mark

Zealotry

Decoy totem

Blood Rage

Why Inquisitor?

When I first made this build it was as a Scion. and with that i found that my spell dps suffered due to going and grabbing bow crit nodes/ect from the ranger side of the tree.

There is really only 3 Ascendancys that i feel would fill these gaps:
Elementalist
Assassin
Inquisitor

After some debate i chose Inquisitor for a handful of reasons
1. Closer to life
2. Inevitable Judgement is super strong
3. New Consecrated ground nodes are super strong!

If you choose this build to be CI, Elementalust or Inquisitor is the way to go!

-> Will work on getting videos posted shortly <-
Last edited by Dreadcookiez on Apr 26, 2019, 2:38:32 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2019, 2:35:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info