Help / opinions on idea for molten strike build

Hi all,

Here's the build idea:
https://pastebin.com/x009KuPr

I wanted to make my own tree (just the tree for now) for the first time. I want to go Berserker (or jugg if I have to...) and have endurance charges generated from damage taken with warcry, the warbringer perk will give 25% life each time too from this.

On top of this, I thought take the 40%dmg++ and 10%dmg more taken perk... Idk about this / if it's too risky?

Lastly to help molten strike damage without relying on crits I thought going avatar of fire, ele overload and grabbing the fire nodes 3 nodes away.

I'm not very experienced like I said, so I wanted some opinions on what you guys think of this tree idea? Thanks,

I really appreciate any and all advice!

P.S., if this isn't great - I've also thought of a RF/Molten strike build. Also wouldn't mind some opinions on that too :P

Thanks again!
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2019, 8:54:21 AM
Look at one of the many guides available on the forums (I like Hybrid's the most of all the ones posted). I'm not going to sugarcoat it: this tree is downright awful for Molten Strike.

Here's a short summary of my thoughts:

1. You don't have anywhere near enough life, you typically aim for 200% to 230% from the tree

2. Molten Strike scales hard off attack speed because each attack = new wave of balls, but you didn't grab any attack speed nodes

3. Going Berserker is actually not a very good idea. I tried an exact same build on a Berserker and Juggernaut and Berserker once, both had about 9.5k life. The juggernaut could facetank everything, but only had about 2 mil Shaper DPS, while the berserker had a better 5 mil Shaper DPS but couldn't even facetank Minotaur's burrow.

Also, keep in mind that although Molten Strike is my favourite skill in the entire game, it performs fairly mediocre unless you have the funds. So if you aren't looking to dump at least about 10ex into a character, there are better options out there.
Gotcha, (ignroe the life nodes I purposefully didn't grab them yet) so ultimately it's gonna be difficult to go berserker... So a jug with avatar of fire is still good though? and all the generic nodes at the bottom of the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info