Mana guardian/aurabot hybrid with Mask of the Tribunal. "Your allies cannot die" edition.

Managuardian meets T16 map boss, 3.6.3, colorized.

This character is a tanky support that leads the way and keeps the party alive with overbuffed manashield. Secondary weapon setup allows for solo gameplay, albeit with pretty slow clearspeed by today's standards.
Main unique of the build is the new and underused helm
Mask of the Tribunal

We're stacking all attributes and using STR and INT as main sources of mana alongside mandatory mana jewels
Grand Spectrum and Healthy Mind

Uber elder/shaper vids

solo Shaper

deathless Uber Elder (duo with Rhaecotic)
Fight 1
Fight 2

Defensive stats and aura effects

Left pics -- auras off, right picks -- auras on.
Current defensive stats on lvl96

Sample defensive effect of auras on other players

https://i.imgur.com/Rtkmsqw.jpg
10% block/spellblock, holy relic regen and permanent fortify not shown.

Sample offensive effect of auras on other players

https://i.imgur.com/ucmI3iS.jpg
25% elemental resistance exposure debuffs on mobs, flat lightning damage from smite and avian might buff not shown.

Mask of the tribunal aura

With current attributes and max rolls 1200+ int translates into 48% castspeed, 700+ str into 42% global defenses and 300 dex into 24% crit multiplier. From these, castspeed is the most potent one obviously.
Also, 2250+ all attributes give 9% reduced mana reservation, which is a bit more than even Alpha's howl.

Positives and negatives

++ Tanky. You can manage to die in bullshit memory nexus zones, to bullshit memory nexus bosses, shaper balls, bearers explosions and chicken nugget guy bomb crit, but overall between overcapped resistances, 15k ES pool and decent regen (and leech in ranged form) dying is uncommon.
++ Not completely useless solo for a support, can do most of the game content (see later for offensive setup). Being able to run delves is especially important to not waste sulphite you get from chaining red maps.
++ Goes well with regular aurabot support, they typically don't have any of your main feats (Mask aura, avian, mana barrier).
++ Trivializes most boss encounters, giving most ES glass cannon builds resilience of a fullblock gladiator, as long as they stay within aura borders.

-- Not compatible with everyone. Cast speed is useless on attackers, ES is not very useful on life builds and makes sustaining blood rage and righteous fire much harder for lifers.
-- Low dps increase for a support, useless in running low tier maps and anything that doesn't try to kill you.
-- Low main aura range. Sometimes you have to choose between avoiding aoe attack and keeping squishier party members out of harm's way.

Overall, build is best suited for keeping ES casters safe and mobile while farming depth 600+ delves, ilvl83 zones and other high end content.

Slot by slot gear analysis

Modes we look for -- STR, INT, mana. ES is a luxury, we're tanky enough already.

Amulet

Upgrade for this slot would be a shaper amulet with % attributes and reduced mana reservation. Good luck finding one for a reasonable price.

Rings

Mana, str, int and aspect of avian (buy one of the rings with an open suffix).
Upgrade for this slot would be a %str/%int corrupt. Sidenote: Leo had his last laugh with that 1 ES "exalt".

Helm

Main rolls are +attributes and %castspeed, but even complete toproll shouldn't be a problem to get. #todo: lab enchant, any aura mode will do.

Body

We're choosing avian chest over https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne%27s_Wrappings and https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Victario%27s_Influence for that juicy up to +75 all attributes mode and Aspect of Avian becoming an actual aura (although it still doesn't scale with aura nodes).
If you want to go more aurabot-y, by all means grab one of the listed alternatives, you'll have easier time fitting auras in. Cut Aspect of the Avian if you do.

Pants

Sadly, Path of exile characters don't wear pants. Or rather, these are included in body armor. Weirdos.

Belt

Cyclopean coil is a must on a attribute stacker, you won't get almost 300 attributes from any other belt.
Choose corruption between aura of your choice and additional %str/int depending on budget.

Gloves

Shaper's touch give ridiculous amount of mana [1900/12k] and ES [5600/15k] for this build, 100% core.
For corruption, both +aoe and +aura gems work for socketed auras.

Boots

Mana, int, str, movespeed. Upgrade for this slot would be a base with signature Xopec's mode from the Temple of Atzoatl [mana+% mana].

Melee setup

(!) If you go below attribute threshold to sustain auras one of them will turn off even if in both weapon swaps you're above it. When counting for effective mana reservation from mask don't include weapons stats.
Again, mana, int and str. This shield is on chopping block for a long time already, but I kinda like the charges sustain from "gain charges on block".

Build budget

Version1, cheapest.
3c helm, 2c gloves, 4c 13%+ coil, 10c 10% reservation with non-shit attribute roll chest, ~3-5c/rare with T1-3 attributes & mana modes, ~15c astramentis with mid-roll. ~60c total, ~1 ex at the start of the league.

Version2, current.
25c toproll helm, 20c corrupted gloves, 30c toproll coil /w corrupt, 1 ex 5link good roll chest, 30c almost toproll astramentis, 20c-1 ex/rare.
Most of the current build cost is in 8 mana reservation jewels (80c to 1ex / jewel) and lvl4 enlighten (4.2 ex). Overall I've spent around 15 ex including some lvl21 auras and other quality of life upgrades.

Weapon swap, solo gameplay

In case everything else fails and you find yourself stuck alone in the map or in side area you can put that 1k+ int and 50% free increased castspeed to good use and swap to whispering ice
Offensive link

Unbuffed offensive stats

Dps is nothing to write home about, but its enough to deal with red maps, guardians and even shaper [reminder to myself: record shaper video].
Offensive gem setup isn't optimized, you probably can make it better.

Auras

https://poe.mikelat.com/#tuahRnuz9/tNrp._oMtSo/xB3l.vDe/tqA1Qo.

Without min-maxing attributes and equipping reduced mana reserved jewels this build cannot run offensive auras at all, with 53% reduced reservation I can fit 2 "big" (50% base), 5 "medium" (35% base) and one aspect (25% base) and still have 114/120 mana open to cast my 111 mana icestorm.
Current setup includes
Zealotry, (Haste OR Hatred)
Purity of Elements, Ice & Fire (no lightning)
Vitality, Discipline
Aspect of the Avian

Jewels

MANA

Mana reservation and attributes, Might of the meek provides 2% reduced mana reservation in left scion's slot.

AoE fortify is neat and if you cannot hit anything in melee, that generally means your party is doing fine without fortify.

Secondary gem links, in progress

Cast when damage taken -- Immortal call (must have), frostbomb & wave of conviction (optional, boosts party elemental damage adding 25% effective elemental penetration). Take molten shell/tempest shield/enfeeble for better survivability. Level of cwdt should be around 10, lvl1 is too low for 15k ES character.
Mobility links, to keep up with quick boys and to run delves.
Phase run - increased duration
Flame dash - faster casting
Taunt and endurance charges generation. Enduring cry, linked to same inc duration as phase run. Taunt effectively decreases enemy damage on other party members by 10% even for enemies that ignore retargeting, endurance charges get shared with conduit and free ES regen is always welcome.
Party buff melee hits: Smite - faster attacks - [vigilant strike/fortify]. Take vigilant strike if you managed to fit "the Vigil" jewel in the tree.

Skill tree Pastebin

https://pastebin.com/c2wNtiGC
Sadly PoB doesn't work with mask of the tribunal.
Skill tree is optimized in maxing out mana barrier, saner version of it would not disregard %ES nodes, especially witch's starter zone, Arcane Focus and Foresight.

Last edited by Bumc on Apr 25, 2019, 3:17:13 PM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2019, 2:39:26 AM
Nice work fellow Guardian. It's always nice to see new perspectives. I do think however that the current heavy investment in attributes should pay better, as the sacrifice for their deep investment is barely rewardingly enough to justify it. Just the ammount of time mim maxing different setups in PoB must have been a pain.

Also, what's your thoughts on:

- Garb of the Ephemeral (mainly the crit and anticripple)
- Hyrri's Truth (the aura is powerful and the mana reservation is negligible)
Chest piece is worth either a solo build or non-aura support, having no reduced reservation of any kind on chest hurts your auras bit too much.
Amulet is yet another damage aura for regular aurabots (people were even using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shaper%27s_Seed to keep aura count up), I cannot fit that in as I'm losing bit too much attribute points for that swap.

I'm not sacrificing too much for diving that deep into stacking attributes, mostly ES on my own toon, which could be easily around 20k.

Thanks for the feedback!
Bump!
Added shaper & uber elder vids, reworked defensive stat screenshots, added sample effect of auras on a party member. A bit less words, more pics and vids.
Last edited by Bumc on Apr 23, 2019, 2:40:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info