Seems like a very nice fire wand

Don't see anything as good listed. Not sure how to price it.
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2019, 9:49:54 PM
"Anything as good"

Sorry to say this but it's actually not good at all. Like it would be ok for leveling but that's about it.

To put it into perspective, this is one I got from the temple, and it's not even that great
the spell crit and the added fire damage are very low.
"
Nubman wrote:
"Anything as good"

Sorry to say this but it's actually not good at all. Like it would be ok for leveling but that's about it.

To put it into perspective, this is one I got from the temple, and it's not even that great

I guess I should have put Ignite in the title as that is what I was looking at.

All the mods go towards either spell damage, for the hit that causes the ignite, or the burn caused by the ignite, for 141% total.
Spell damage does not increase burn damage. It honestly is not a good wand, sorry. Most people that are focusing on ignite either just use doryanis, or they craft a rare scepter, as the elemental damage implicit works for burn.
"
Nubman wrote:
Spell damage does not increase burn damage. It honestly is not a good wand, sorry. Most people that are focusing on ignite either just use doryanis, or they craft a rare scepter, as the elemental damage implicit works for burn.

Never played a burn build so no idea what is used. However what you said is wrong. Spell damage increases the hit which causes the burn, and the burn damage is equal to 50% of the hit.

So yes, more spell damage will increase the burn when the burn is based off an ignite.
Last edited by Qiox on Mar 12, 2019, 9:39:18 PM
Lol ok, stop trying to justify you wand. It isnt good. Yes I know spell damage increases the hit damage. The fact is, your wand is ok, but it's not good. It falls very short of most good ignite or even fire spell weapons. Trust me, people will ot pay more than 1-2c for it, and even then you would be lucky.

Again, the one I posted will result in a far higher dps, but it's not even that fantastic.

I suggest you read https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite
Last edited by Nubman on Mar 12, 2019, 9:54:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info