Wave of Conviction Passive Tree Question

Hey all,

I want to make a wave of conviction char, but I'm terrible at making passive trees. I want to do a full lightning conversion. I used Mathil's template of his divine ire character, and just moved some thing around. Can anyone let me know if this looks good, or would change anything? I don't know anything about support gems yet, but I'm thinking:

Wave of Conviction
Faster Casting
Inc AoE/Conc Effect
Physical to Lightning
Innervate
Inc crit strikes/dmg

I'm not sure if I'll add "added lightning damage" in there or not. Maybe I could switch that with faster casting if I have enough.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAO0AEBUAAHP53YuMhIPmfe8hwGY8Be98n9-u_9Wmgpsw-ASzogDwHzrYJy-QVRo4WfNyD3GFG7Q5SSsIrTuUb2ZUZp4WQIV9-tIWb-NqJKo26Rpsna7lixvxfscdFI5k96a2-qcI2CQ2xR8CBAeD21XG6-RfKkyzIG5QMK6zQZbQ9ZeVUlM9XwVCLJy86mpDCPQQWHYR6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUhzcjxq4kyj6gsf56EGHtz7-Cti9NZL-j03jplc64fJF214RD36vtYXvUMG0LX2NGeAS2V_djHflApbSfJJuvFbtYZx7qLkMUgAAAAAA

Let me know what you all think!
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2019, 11:40:17 AM
1. You can't reach full lightning conversion. There's no way to convert fire to lightning, so the best you will get is 75/25 split between Lightning and Fire.

2. You're playing life in an ES league, this is probably worth reconsidering with changes to ES and life this time around.

3. You're going crit but you're not doing enough for a crit based build without grabbing the 6th power charge and great crit nodes on the way to it.

4. You skipped an AOE node which will be supremely important for WoC as they scale travel speed of wave and ultimately the ability to cast it more consecutively.

5. Only 2 jewels - this WoC is going to be a jewel heavy build, so i'd say that's worth reconsidering as well.

6. You're grabbing useless nodes such as divine fervor which will ultimately do nothing more than give you +10/+10 to INT/STR.

7. As a whole I think you're going overboard on your on-tree damage and not enough on utility of the spell and defense. The damage on the skill is ludicrous, I don't think it's going to be very difficult to scale especially with inquis resist ignore.

Here's an alternate suggestion of what i'm planning to run using pure ES, CI, and MOM.The goal is to reach enough AOE to make spell echo function properly on pledge of hands, netting us a lot of consecutive casting and defense from the huge mana pool after MOM. We'll still need to see just how well the AOE scales with wave travel speed.

http://poeurl.com/ciSf
Last edited by millzzz on Mar 8, 2019, 11:59:22 AM
Is there something i am missing or is taking MoM on a CI build completely useless ? Cause it only works when you take damage on your life, doesn't it ?
"
Ciledis wrote:
Is there something i am missing or is taking MoM on a CI build completely useless ? Cause it only works when you take damage on your life, doesn't it ?
MOM is actually not for defense in this case but utilizing those crazy nodes right behind it combined with pledge of hands. More room to run auras

there are actually several nodes in the 123/123 that won't be present unless certain circumstances are met. Such as the MOM section and the staff AOE section.
Last edited by millzzz on Mar 8, 2019, 11:30:28 AM
"
millzzz wrote:
1. You can't reach full lightning conversion. There's no way to convert fire to lightning, so the best you will get is 75/25 split between Lightning and Fire.

2. You're playing life in an ES league, this is probably worth reconsidering with changes to ES and life this time around.

3. You're going crit but you're not doing enough for a crit based build without grabbing the 6th power charge and great crit nodes on the way to it.

4. You skipped an AOE node which will be supremely important for WoC as they scale travel speed of wave and ultimately the ability to cast it more consecutively.

5. Only 2 jewels - this WoC is going to be a jewel heavy build, so i'd say that's worth reconsidering as well.

6. You're grabbing useless nodes such as divine fervor which will ultimately do nothing more than give you +10/+10 to INT/STR.

7. As a whole I think you're going overboard on your on-tree damage and not enough on utility of the spell and defense. The damage on the skill is ludicrous, I don't think it's going to be very difficult to scale especially with inquis resist ignore.

Here's an alternate suggestion of what i'm planning to run using pure ES, CI, and MOM.The goal is to reach enough AOE to make spell echo function properly on pledge of hands, netting us a lot of consecutive casting and defense from the huge mana pool for MOM. We'll still need to see just how well the AOE scales with wave travel speed.

http://poeurl.com/ciSf

Thank you for all of the comments Millzzz. Like I said, even though I've been playing for a long time I'm still clueless on a lot of mechanics. I thought about spell echo, but also thought that since you can only have 1 wave, the first part of spell echo would be pointless. But since it would create such fast casting speed, it would be great for single target.

Unfortunately, I can't see your build when I pull up that tree for some reason :(.

I would love to go full CI, and I was thinking that I'd want to do trickster with the new ES/Evasion. But at the same time, the conversion nodes are right next to templar PLUS the ignore res. Are you planning on going 75/25 lite/fire or not?

Also, did my support gems seem on point or no? I guess this depends on if you are feeling ignite or not.

Thanks again Millzzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info