Simple Freezing Pulse Totems - HC

Update:
Spoiler
Ok so I died while messing around at the end of the league. I died to Red Tier Elder, not playing safely.

I played some stuff in SC as a test. All guardians were beaten without dying, Minotaur was probably the hardest.

I just tried the Shaper for the first time, again still on SC. Well I should have prepared better, maybe a video, because he did kill me three times. Once I figured out the process though it got easier. I did beat him, but I wouldn't recommend doing Shaper with this build on HC unless you know the fight well and are prepared. The DPS was enough, but he hit hard for the character without having any purity gems, etc.

Context:

Ok, so I decided to post this since it is my highest level HC character; essentially for posterity. I play solo and I do not keep up with the meta, but I try to make at least one character a league just to see what level I hit. This one hit 96.

This is a basic guide just to show the build generally, which is also basic. It is an armor life/MoM build with totems, that's it. You level with freezing pulse. You can switch to totems when you have some hierophant nodes, they will quickly become extremely op for most of the remaining game (switch around the first Kitava or slightly after).

I chose FP because I like it, that's about it. It has a very good crit chance, added damage effectiveness, and base damage. It also is easy in terms of the passive tree. It is just crit and damage.

General Info:

The basic map build is relatively cheap. You want a Void Battery and a 6L chest (corrupted is easiest, search for color specific chests when you don't have a lot of currency... for less than 30c or so you can easily find a corrupted armor chest with decent stats and the colors you need), then from there just upgrade whatever you can.

I have 6744 life (can be more with slightly different gear affixes, 7K) and 2798 mana for MoM (as of now I don't use the linked clarity, I leave all mana open for MoM), and a benign 238 ES. So you have about 10k eHP for a single hit, and over 1100 regen with a little leech.

I use the Trolltimber life leech shield rather than a +1 totem shield, because the leech is good for survival as a solo player and synergizes well with the eHP regen (650 or so life regen, and 450 or so mana regen, then the 0.5% leech from 4-5 totems, which makes a big difference IMO, the last two versions of this build both died, and they did not have this... not proof but still a good indicator). The extra totem obviously will add a lot of DPS.

The gems shown can be switched according to what you like. I was trying Multiple Totems at the time.

Damage:

Buffed tooltip DPS without curses (have two) and frostbomb is around 115k, which would be for each totem. So with five totems (this is with trolltimber and multi totems keep in mind) your dps is around 600k I suppose. With everything taken into consideration, with a +1 shield, no multi totem, or even Soul Mantle, FP totems could have very high DPS. The freezing and chilling, and huge area make it pretty good aside from DPS.

Gear with Gems (Endgame):

You'll notice I do not have any extravagant gear, just a basic kind of build. That is not to say that some of this gear is not expensive, it was. However it is just normal life/armor stuff.

Lvl 96 Passive Tree (Jewels Seen Here)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEUQSzBUIHHgj0DdEOSA_EEZYWQBZvGGoaOBvIHNwdFB8CIG4i9CSqJpUnLyoLKhMrJiycMtE2PTbFNuk5UjoWOlg7fEGWQ8hFR0WdSU9JUUyzTq5PBFAwU1JVS1XGWAdYbVnzWitboF3yXyph4mKsY0NkM2aeaFpo8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJyD3wOf8aD24PzhTKFfYaCidOMNo5kjxqPRo_6kFWTJ5Uuly2a4JuhnaqhL6IAoqOj8qcIp1WuEq6zrv-xNrb6uMq5k7yqvOq-isBmwwnDE8_d0B_Q9dWm2CTbXuNq44Tr5Ovu6_Xv6_Af8NXxivId96b53frS?accountName=BoltThrower87&characterName=TheBearerOfLight
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jul 24, 2019, 7:28:36 PM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2019, 7:49:07 PM
this a guide by the common man, for the common man.

but just fyi they removed fp shotgunning almost 4 years ago.

2.0.0 July 10, 2015
Damage increased by 25% to compensate for the shotgunning mechanic change.

acct: Daytrippers
Main char: DayRip
Last edited by daytrippers on Mar 8, 2019, 2:26:08 PM
"
daytrippers wrote:
this a guide by the common man, for the common man.

but just fyi they removed fp shotgunning almost 4 years ago.

2.0.0 July 10, 2015
Damage increased by 25% to compensate for the shotgunning mechanic change.

Lol that's good to know, somehow I missed that one, all the way until now. Thanks.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info