430 EDPS Claw, Any use?

So, i accidentially crafted this:

Multicrafted it makes
430 EDPS (Crafted Cold+Fire)
300 EDPS + 30WED (Crafted Cold/Fire + WED)
(didnt do maths on it, whats better, but that doesnt matter right now)

Is there any proper endgame use for it?
I aimed for a proper Phys Claw, but can i make a proper Boss Killer with it?

ty in advance
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2019, 6:14:18 PM
before you craft it into something random, figure out a build that would actually want it. And realize that if you just craft a bunch of different elements on it, the wearer wont be able to get the penetration to make them all worth using.

I would look into tailoring it specifically for one or two builds instead of making it a 'high ele dps, zero use' weapon.

Mods those builds would like include WED, Crit Multi, Hits cant be Evaded, % increased lightning damage, ele pen, AND phys% / flat phys. You have a lot of options here.
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Jan 22, 2019, 4:04:29 PM
Ty for the reply, yet that was not an answer to my question.

can i make a proper Boss Killer with it?
Perfect for a molten strike build. Good attack speed which is the most important and the ele damage is a bonus. Played this build last league took down all end game bosses with it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971701

Cya
"
HairyBotter wrote:
Ty for the reply, yet that was not an answer to my question.

can i make a proper Boss Killer with it?

100%. This is a very good endgame ele spectral throw claw. You can also use it for other ele conversion builds like Molten Strike too. You can also multimod this for "Hits can't be evaded" to avoid having to use Lycosidae since it has an open prefix.

I'll focus on ST since I am more familiar with that build personally. It's probably a lot more investment than something like Molten Strike though.

It's not going to be a cheap build but to squeeze out a lot (maybe the most) DPS for a boss killer you probably want to build around Abyss jewel stacking and use all the 2 socket Abyss Uniques w/ Shroud. You can get 80% conv to cold with 2x Call of the Brotherhood which is basically unbeatable for raw DPS and still allows you to inflict big shocks. On the jewels focus on flat lightning, life, multi and probably all res since this is a very heavy unique spec and you will be res starved. Craft flat cold or WED for the prefix on the claw - not sure which is better honestly. Pandemonius is pretty much your BiS amulet. Cold Steel (probably the most underrated jewel in the game) will give you massive Ele DPS from the claw nodes near the jewel slot on the right side of the tree.

Ascendancy with most DPS is likely Ascendant EleQuisitor but obviously you can play a lot of Ascendancy's here due to what you prefer / value with utility. With this you get 16% Pen, a 10% more multiplier to damage, Increased Herald effect (you run both HoT, HoI) and Ele Reflect Immunity is very nice. Take point blank. BiS enchant = 30% ST decel for bossing.

Flasks = Diamond, Wise Oak (balance cold + light), Atziri's Promise, Life, Utility (most likely magic Silver or the new Silver flask)

If you have Mana problems (aka most likely you lack lvl 4 Empowers - ideally you need to support 2x heralds and wrath) you can use an Intuitive Leap and grab Charisma and the 4% node for 12% total reduced reserved which should leave you enough to attack a few times and WB around maps if you don't have a lvl 4 empower (It might take a little effort to get to a comfortable usable unreserved value with 2 heralds and wrath)

You should be able to get around 6500+ HP endgame @ ~95 with over 1.5M Shaper DPS but remember you need good jewels because this is what the whole build is based around (40+ life, good flat lightning damage and multi). I wouldn't go into this build and "upgrade" jewels if that makes sense. You want to go in with your endgame gear. Most people will poo poo on shroud of the lightless because of the raw mitigation potential you give up by not using Loreweave which I understand but the proc on the phys immunity skill feels nice when you get your APS into endgame territory and we run atleast 10-12 Abyss jewels so thats 22% life with Shroud and we also get universal pen for both our cold + lightning. The damage numbers come from converted high flat values and abusing the amount of penetration we can get with this build which is a whole lot. Shroud complements this. Loreweave is still obviously an option.

Downsides - Res Starved, Needs Specialized Gear, Expensive, Lacks Gem slots, Squishy vs the "Normal Meta"

Pros - Clear Monster, Extremely Mobile, Solid Boss Killer w/ Good Gears, Lot of Utility (Chill / Freeze mostly everything)

I'm sure there are cheaper ways to build around a claw like this for Ele ST but I don't think you can get comparable boss endgame DPS w/o abyss jewel stacking.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info