[3.5] Endless Tectonic Inferno Jugg — Burn it all down

NOTICE: I am currently working my way through 3.6 Synthesis with this build and will be updating my leveling process and any changes. Currently using Molten Strike and Sunder until level 28. Please stay tuned!

This is my Jugg Tectonic Slam build.
There are many like it.
But this one is mine.
— Stan Lee Fireborn

After trying out my Endless Molten Strike build from 3.4 (Delve) in 3.5 (Betrayal), it's obvious the LGoH nerf (from the reduction to the number of Molten Strike balls) was significant. Sure there’s the buff to damage, but with less Molten Strike balls, it’s harder to stay alive against end-game bosses. Disappointed, I happened upon the early video from Mathil on Tectonic Slam and I made an immediate pivot!

Tectonic Slam received a nice buff which has made this skill much more viable: "35% chance to consume an Endurance Charge to create a Charged Slam"
→ It turns this routinely melee-only character into a ranged, map-clearing machine!
→ It makes light of T12 & T3 map bosses.
→ And it’s a Jugg, so Uber Lab is still a walk in the park

Overview
Like my previous build, the main goal of this build is to provide a FUN character that's easy to play, inexpensive, with as few downsides as possible. Keys to its success:
• Relies on just 1 relatively inexpensive unique: Soul Taker for endless mana
• Simple to play — hold down the right mouse button
• Not reliant on flasks
• Self-sustaining while killing
• High DPS — burns down almost all bosses quickly
• Good life — as long as your hitting, you remain alive
• Easily scales up with more investment
• At level 90, spikes to 280K damage
• Excellent phys reduction when standing still, 79% phys reduction

So what are the downsides? Not many:
• Not the highest DPS, but not bad either — not super fast so ranged bosses that blink around the screen can cause trouble
• Can't do maps with elemental Reflect
• Maps with no life leech can be dangerous
• The Grelwood Shank is took expensive this league, which means we need to go get Iron Reflexes ourselves

Bandits
I'm gonna kill them all, sir!
-- Kurt Russell (Soldier)

Video — Best scene ever!

Passive Tree
There are a few differences from the previous Molten Strike build. Specifically:
→ No Projectile Damage nodes, e.g., Iron Grip and Point Blank
→ Had to go and get Iron Reflexes because Grelwood Shank is so expensive
→ Still using Elemental Overload, but now also get Avatar of Fire!!
Spoiler

Path of Exile Tree, Level 90

https://pastebin.com/tnk9G9Bx

Ascendancy
Leveraging the tankiness, high damage and increased attack speed of the Jugg:
Spoiler

1. Undeniable — gives us damage, accuracy and attack speed
2. Unbreakable — Lots of defense
3. Unflinching — Endurance charges for phys reduction
4. Unyielding — Endurance charges provide extra damage and area of effect

Gear
Spoiler

Weapons:
These are required
Main Hand
A good rare axe with high Physical Damage, Fire Damage and Attack Speed

Off Hand
Soul Taker. This gives us attack speed, damage and allows us to never worry about mana

Armour:
Six-Link with Life

Best in Class would be Loreweave

Rare Boots:
Life + Resists + Movement Speed

Belt:
Life + Resists + Fire Damage

An alternate is Meginord's Girdle

Rare Gloves:
Life + Resists + Phys Damage + Life Leech

Helm:
You could use a rare helm with lots of Life + Resists + Fire Damage, or with the extra buffs from Endurance Charges, go with:

Rare Rings and Amulet:
Life + Resists + Fire Damage or use the Thief's Torment

Gem Links
Spoiler

Molten Strike
Tectonic Slam
Multistrike
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Added Fire Damage
Combustion Support
Elemental Focus / Concentrated Effect

Movement (weapon)
Leap Slam
Fortify
Faster Attacks

Auras (weapon)
Herald of Ash
Anger
Artic Armour

CWDT — Life Leech
CwDT
Volatile Dead
Life Leech
Blind Support

CWDT — Immortal Call
CwDT
Immortal Call
Enfeeble
Increased Duration

CWDT — Blood Rage / Flame Golem
Summon Flame Golem
Blood Magic Support
Blood Rage
Increased Duration

Crucial Jewels
Spoiler

Any good rare jewels with Life, Physical Damage and/or Fire Damage

Watcher's Eye
This is an example where extra investment can pay off with much higher DPS. It is not required for this build. It has received an extra buff for this league, notice the 57% Increased Fire Damage while affected by Anger

ign: Edwurd_of_Steel
Last edited by GamingDaemon on Mar 9, 2019, 3:54:45 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2019, 3:54:52 PM
Going to give this a try with my SSF Hardcore Jugg. Currently level 44 and have been reviewing the various Tectonic Slam builds out there to try and find something I like.

This one seems the most SSF friendly and also just looks fun to play.

Will try to report back after I make some progress. Thanks!

(Edit: I had asked a question about the passive tree, but the Path of Building pastebin looks correct and shows both Avatar of Fire and Elemental Overload. I only had access to the web version earlier, which is missing a few nodes.)
Last edited by fawnsilver on Jan 8, 2019, 5:41:43 PM
I hate to ask this because I'm kind of new to the game...
Where do you get the endurance charges from? I'm kinda missing it..
"
fawnsilver wrote:
Going to give this a try with my SSF Hardcore Jugg. Currently level 44 and have been reviewing the various Tectonic Slam builds out there to try and find something I like.

This one seems the most SSF friendly and also just looks fun to play.

Will try to report back after I make some progress. Thanks!

(Edit: I had asked a question about the passive tree, but the Path of Building pastebin looks correct and shows both Avatar of Fire and Elemental Overload. I only had access to the web version earlier, which is missing a few nodes.)

Excellent. Hadn't thought how it would work for SSF, but outside of the particular unique Soul Taker, it should work fine.

Please let me know how it works for you!
"
Ciocu wrote:
I hate to ask this because I'm kind of new to the game...
Where do you get the endurance charges from? I'm kinda missing it..

No question is a bad question. So the idea is that the ascendancy itself provides endurance charges when you get hit. Specifically, the Unflinching ascendancy node for Jugg.

However, you can also use other items, gems or armors to get endurance charges. I am now using Daresso's Defiance to get endurance charges when I kill:

But that's an expensive 6-link item.

Other options can be found via the wiki.

Please let me know if you have more questions!!
I don't get why you'd want the following :

- Ele focus with Combustion support

- Elemental Overload with Disemboweling

I tweaked the build a bit to keep the idea of going dual wield axes (without soul taker however) but making it a ~95% SSF viable starter build (only unique used is Starkonja, which isn't that rare so might be found in SSF aswell).

Quick overview of the reviewed build :
- 25% unreserved mana (because no Soul Taker)
- Easy to get at least 5k5 life
- Around 230k non-boss DPS
- Overall SSF-viable except for the helmet / around 20c budget in trade league
- Level 88 Skilltree
- Easy to upgrade

PoB : https://pastebin.com/SKdp9bJu
Hi,

Thanks for the build.

I'm new to the game--

I'm level 47

I've followed this build to the T. I do not have the gear yet, but i have followed the general base of your gear. For some reason I'm dying more than I'd like..mostly against very strong ads or bosses usually. Is this normal? should I just level and skip the hard ads? I created a character before this and melted almost EVERYTHING except act 9-10 bosses. However, when I started maps I realized it just wasn't going to work and start over.

I want to like this game, but if I keep trying out builds and then they end up failing before or at the start of the end game what's the point?

-Blake

level 84 now. it all worked out once i upgraded gear. doesnt work well without gear. also, cwdt wasnt triggering gems bcause they were too high. figured iyt all out!
"
bcorkill1 wrote:
level 84 now. it all worked out once i upgraded gear. doesnt work well without gear. also, cwdt wasnt triggering gems bcause they were too high. figured iyt all out!

Awesome. Let me know if there's anything I can do better in the build. Perhaps a leveling guide?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info