Slayer Duelist vs Berserker Marauder

Hello Forum, new to PoE. I was looking at the classes and these were the two that caught my eye. I usually like to play high risk high reward melee classes. Usually jump into a large group and make an explosion type stuff.

That being said, I cant really tell the difference between the two of these classes. could someone give me a rundown? Thank you!
Last bumped on Dec 23, 2018, 12:22:15 PM
Slayer duelist has overleech which basically means that at max its leech works the same way as life regen.

Berserker doesn't have this, has Rage which is the opposite of life regen. On the other hand, Berserker has a shit ton of damage and attack speed (more damage).

This means that Duelist has intrinsically more sustain (If I don't kill, it's OK, I can sustain myself through a long enough fight with super leech + regen. Berserker is a more, "If I don't kill fast enough I'm gonna end up killing myself because sustain is hard".

I.E. Slayer has overleech active. Slayer gets hit by 3k hit. Slayer, without hitting anything, will recover that 3k from the previous overleech still active. Slayer can fight the next pack of mobs or boss at full life.

Berserker gets hit by 3k hit. Berserker lost 3k life. Without hitting anything, it won't recover that 3k. Now Berserker has to fight the next mobs or boss at less than full life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info