Charged Dash Cold but Bold Build (draft)

Pros and Cons

Charged dash is a solid skill now with only one problem. It functions best when you can complete the channel and if your internet connection isn't the most reliable you will have a staggered cast. Staggered casting will result in an incomplete channel at best but it can also lead to your character moving forward using charged dash for split seconds at a time. While that happens your not doing as much damage as you can and you may lose control of your characters movement. But if your connections steady you'll mostly be using your mouse to cast charged dash and your fingers to rotate through flasks, phase run, and, vaal ancestral warchief.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/bKHrbQ8H

Pros:

+ High DPS. I'm impressed by the DPS numbers I got up to, you don't have to be.
+ Vaal Ancestral War-chief makes bosses easier and lets you move through most mobs.
+ Use of cold damage shuts down porcupines.
+ Straight forward leveling experience.
+ So much mobility and speed temporal chains or tar zombies don't debilitate your clear speed.
+ Still has X skill-points to allocate – for another 39% increased life, jewels, or damage.
+ Decent delve clear speed.

Cons:

- May need a mana flask.
- Can not do elemental reflect.
- Struggles to do maps without mana & life regeneration or limited flask regen.
- I can't guarantee that it can do all content.
- I had a lucky break early on in 2.4 with a taste of hate drop which I sold and was able to afford an 80% resistance Loreweave. It's possible I over estimate everything about this build.

Leveling Guide:

Fill-out the tree in reverse clockwise order of priority. Focus on move speed boots and making sure to utilize phase run early. Herald of Purity may be a better source of early game dps but you'll want to either use orb or storms with chain or herald of lightning to spread curses rapidly.

Uniques:

Buy the Harbinger staff while leveling. Transition to a 6-link Hegemony's Era when you're able to.

I found the Tactician to be a wonderful belt for this character but it's by no means mandatory. Very satisfying to use for leveling however.

Call of the Brotherhood is part of what makes this build stand out. Although the advantages may not be reaped until later.

When I used this build I bought a max resistance Lore-Weave and focused on saving up for that after selling a Taste of Hate for 2 exalts.

Last edited by HotChaCha on Dec 13, 2018, 12:06:27 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2018, 4:29:55 AM
Content: I didn't finish out the red maps but that may have had more to do with how distracted I was with Delve. I was making a lot of poor choices in my map completion rates seeking out riskier maps and spending more chaos on them then a base map.

I didn't actually make it to Shaper because I was screwing up my late game. To be fair this is my first character which was successful at completing the end game content. Despite being prepared for it in theory but I was overwhelmed by the process.

This build is probably most optimal as a Uber Lab farmer than a mapper / end game boss fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info