Requesting Help on Passive Tree Build - 3.5 Champion/Impale/Banner Build

Hello everyone, first time posting here. I've played a bit in Delve and Standard pre-Betrayal, and I'd like to make custom-ish build with the new goodies. I know I want to build a Champion with Inspirational, Master of Metal, and Fortitude, and I'd like to focus around Shattering Steel and/or Lancing Steel with the new Dread/War Banners. I'm envisioning a ranged buff-tank with a focus on phys/bleed damage.

I've worked out what Skill and Support Gems I'll use Herald of Purity, Leap Slam/Whirling Blades, CWDT-Enfeeble/Immortal Call/Blood Rage

My problem is that I'm not very familiar with the passive tree, and so far all my build attempts are a mess. My current thinking is to go DW vs 1h+shield, but I'm not committed to this. I'd like to employ Blood Magic if my life sustain can handle it, as well as Onslaught; however, I can gain these from gems if need be. I don't prefer totems, although I don't mind using them occasionally (especially Ancestral Protector).

I've played and enjoyed a ST Slayer build based on https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519/page/1 but I'm not sure how to make an end-game viable character without all of Slayer's tasty leeching.

Part of my problem is that I'm not sure how tanky is tanky enough vs how much damage I need to remain effective. Any help is appreciated. If it helps, assume I'll be playing Solo-Self Found.
Last edited by Elibus on Dec 5, 2018, 4:16:06 PM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2018, 3:49:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info