New to path of exile!

Hey there, so I just started playing this because I’m getting bored with diablo and this game seems much more in-depth so I’m excited! I was hoping to get some help from long time players, I started a Templar because I liked that it sounded like a good mix between melee and ranged spells. Can anyone suggest a strong endgame build or options for this class? I like to min/max characters and farm for perfect gear and want something to work towards as I level up. Thanks in advance!!
Last bumped on Nov 16, 2018, 7:13:36 AM
You've a long road ahead of you exile. A very long road. I wonder how far you want or willing to travel.

End game is not just a game. 50% of end game is trading (item inquiries, rolls, alt-tab switching from the actual game to some wiki or trading websites) and the remaining 50% is the actual game play where you kill some monsters (farming belongs to here game play). I sold a very good belt rather cheap yesterday (very quick sell). It makes me think that I should have sold at a much higher price or better have kept the belt to myself in stash. I've been playing this game for several years with 3-4 long or short breaks in between and my trading skills are good enough but not flawless or without a single mistake.

Also, I flipped a very luxury expensive (unique) item for a high profit, again yesterday. I don't flip items at all ever and I priced that item very high because I actually did "NOT" want to sell it. Still, a buyer showed up who payed the premium price. I was lucky later to buy it back later at a lower price so that I ended up with a straight high profit and I still possess it.

Just look for enjoying the game first. Play causally and look for fun. Do not forget that PoE is a game that is supposed to be played for fun. Fortunately, PoE has the best art and atmosphere, in my opinion, when compared to Diablo 3 or Grim Dawn. Many many great musics you'll listen to in the poe campaign. You can forget about trading or game play sometimes and just enjoy the art & atmosphere the game offer.

Don't be a victim to RNG (random number generator) which is inherent in PoE. Try to enjoy the game first. Look for trading, currency and end game later.

I don't suggest you to look up a specific build now but rather get to level 70 and maps just by yourself with your own, straightforward (and simple) character. If you search for a build, make sure that it is a low budget, cheap build.

I've created myself a successful templar build (3.4 Whispering Ice & Firestorm Totem EE build). That build is cheap you can try if you want. You'll get a six link chest or a decent Energy Shield gear later for the end game content like Shaper. Without a six link chest or high Energy shield, you'll have no trouble completing tier 15 maps and bosses. Totems offer very safe play where you won't learn all the boss mechanics though.

I'm trying to create a second, cheap build (rightous fire, elemental equilibrium with blade vortex, ball lightning and Kitava's Thirst) that I've started yesterday night playing. Tt is still in theory stage (character level 16 now) and I don't have a shaper kill video of it yet which I'm hoping for.

Good Luck.
Last edited by Varvarel on Nov 16, 2018, 7:16:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info