Viking’s Crit Based full conversion Elemental Hit totems

Change Log
General build write up complete looking for C&C
Intro
Spoiler
This is my first build and I created it to utilize the awesome damage of elemental hit for totems by grabbing Avatar of Fire and Ancestral bond. It is still somewhat a work in progress though it has killed all bosses except uber elder deathless, I have killed uber elder with it using all but one portal though it was my first time ever fighting it so familiarity would likely make it easier.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros
Totem- makes maintain PoB dps easier as you can dodge and attack at the same time
All map mod capable- though elemental reflect is a little tedious and no regen means running a mana flask. Those 2 mods together are rarely worth the annoyance but still doable.
Somewhat affordable- No 6 links needed though frostferno is currently overpriced as people try for the double corruption jackpot
Huge dps – with decent aoe and impressive single target approximately 1 mil shaper DPS with frenzy charge management

Cons
Wand based so movement skills are lack luster
Totems- some find them quite boring
Lowish move speed-so not Meta level clear speed

PoB link
https://pastebin.com/Hfesg18F

The Gear
Spoiler
Core Uniques
Frostferno- This gives a MASSIVE damage boost to elemental hit as it scales more like a spell than an attack. No corruptions are needed.
Lycosidae- allowing us to ignore accuracy greatly reduces the cost of the build and as we have a minimal base physical damage a secondary stat wand doesn’t give us much other than base benefits of dual wielding.
Call of the brotherhood- converts most of the rest of our lightning damage into fire.
Combat focus Viridian and Crimson versions these force us to only choose fire and are socketed in the spots near the scion life wheel and ancestral bond

Useful uniques
Rain of splinters- gives our totems lesser multiple projectile support but with a reduced in instead of a less multiplier
Kaom’s herat- Huge life gain though not required the health gain is quite significant
Marylene’s fallacy- this build is capable of 80%+ effective crit chance and after the less multiplier still maintains roughly 55 to 60 percent crit chance. This loss is well worth almost doubling our crit multiplier. And the free culling strike on crit is just gravy.
Wise Oak- the fire pen as great for this build just make sure fire res is you highest, bonus points if you match you cold and lightning for extra durability.

The rest
An imbued wand with crit and attack speed is the most important item the 3rd stat is increased fire damage after this crit multi and weapon elemental damage with attacks for dps or since even a wand with just attack speed crit chance and fire damage will carry you through every boss in the game.
The rest of your rares should all have life on them and any res you still need (ie most of it)
As the build is dex hungry makes sure to pick up dex on gloves ring and boots or on some of your jewels
The only important enchant is on the boots which you want +120 crit chance if you haven’t crit recently since mostly your totems are attacking you have that up most of the time. Though either of the damaging helm enchants are nice they aren’t worth buying.

Flasks
You should have a life, diamond and quicksilver flask the other 2 are whatever you want the three magic should have warding, heat and staunching suffixes on them I am a big fan of a Panicked Divine Life Flask of Staunching as it gives you instant recovery when you need it and regen the rest of the time.

Pantheon
Spoiler
This is mainly up to preference though Lunaris deserves a special mention as preventing chaining attacks from totems to you can be a life saver.
I currently run Lunaris and Ryslatha

The Skill tree

Last bumped on Jul 8, 2018, 6:41:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info