[Help] Blood magic Incinerate totems

New incinerate looks cool so im making a build with totems

What would be the best 4/5/6 link combination?
Im a blood magic templar, picking up a lot of strength hence the iron will

4 Link: Incinerate > Spell totem > Iron will > Fire penetration
5 Link: Chance to ignite
6 Link: Life gain on hit

My questions are, better to go Fire pen or chance to ignite if im doing damage based off of fire damage not ignite.

Also, how does cast speed work on the new incinerate? The whole gem seems to have some weird interactions

Also, ill slot in the life gain on hit at a higher priority as its needed. Maybe toy around with increased AoE but not sure how necessary it is. It will take some play testing.

first build im crafting myself so any help tips be nice
Last edited by deadguysmile on Jun 7, 2018, 10:27:54 PM
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2018, 10:31:00 PM
fire pen for sure, also faster casting lets you progress thru the stages faster, faster projectiles gives you aoe. in short, drop lgoh and chance to ignite, add faster casting and faster projectiles. the lgoh is ok, but going bm, and being on the left side of the tree, you need to grab life regen. to add more damage, get an essence worm ring paired with anger, and run the clear mind jewel for good dps bumps. if coverage is an issue, look at the rain of splinters gem as well. good luck.
Last edited by memnoch998 on Jun 8, 2018, 1:11:59 PM
Ignore pretty much everything memnoch said about Projectiles, the new Incinerate is not a projectile anymore. ;)

I'm playing Quad Incinerate totems right now and I'm level 86.

Life Gain on Hit doesn't work with Spells, it only works with attacks.

The Chance to Ignite Gem doesn't exist anymore and is now called Combustion, which is really nice. If you want to stack strength and use Iron Will the 3 link would be: Spell Totem > Incinerate > Iron Will. 4th link is tough b/c Iron Will gives damage, so really you are now looking for quality of life probably? Faster Casting, maybe? If you still need damage, Combustion is the best option at this stage. For the 5th link again, Faster Casting might be best, but look at Immolate for a big damage boost or Elemental Focus (But if you use Elemental Focus, you can't use Combustion). Fire Penetration would be the 6th.

Think about how much Strength you want to get and take a look here https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Strength#Additional_Strength_Scaling to see what else you can do with Strength. Remember, by default every 100 Strength will also give you 50 base life (multiplied by the % on your tree). So Strength gives you both life and spell damage, think about which spell scales off of your life ;)

Thanks for the reply!
another follow up would be which heralds are the best to take?
Also, for damage stats on rare items, would the best options be:

Fire damage to spells > ele damage to spells > cast speed?

Undecided on if I will make the build try to be crit or take ele overload

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info