[3.1] Staff Templar - Help needed

I have decided to play around with a staff build for the coming Bestiary League. This build is currently bare-bones and since I only started playing January 2018 I would appreciate some constructive comments like which nodes to add to flesh it out.

https://www.pathofexile.com/build/4B1YHQ
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2018, 6:27:24 PM
staff melee builds are not really a thing in POE at the moment (or ever as far as I know). This might change with the new ascendancy changes, but I doubt it.

If you are looking for a melee build, usually axes are a good way to go, you could look for a build with Sunder or Molten Strike they are strong right now and fun to play.

Also Slayer builds are a lot of fun because they have so much life regained from their leech that they can feel very forgiving. I enjoyed Lacerate very much as a build, this was played with 2hand swords, and the basic version is very cheap to gear up. Again sunder has been a good skill on slayers too.

Staff builds are generally spellcasters, and benefit from being able to craft +2 or +3 to socketed gems, or some unique staves like Pledge of Hands which give you a 7 link and nice stats. However it is worth noting that staff builds have the most clunky movement skills so they are not the best if you like to go fast :)
After further searching and reading I think you may be right. However, I would still like to work on this build for fun. I have updated the initial build and was thinking if I should add Diamond Skin and the armor nodes near it.

My first (only playing this January) and current build is Sovyn's Lazy Pally.

EDIT:
I will most probably be using the Lazy Pally build for the Bestiary League, but I am currently experimenting with this staff build on SSF Standard.
Last edited by malakhglitch on Feb 28, 2018, 6:35:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info