Max block aegis ll rf/sr guardian [STANDARD] [50-100 EX] [INVINCIBLE]

Here's a 75% block/75% spell block chance aegis low life scorching ray guardian. It has 8.2k es and 20,000 armor with good damage. Currently gives 815 es on block. This is less of a guide than it is just showing the build. I did an estimate and it's about 70 ex for everything including the gems (like lvl 21 sr, 21 purity etc)

POB: https://pastebin.com/AnTGu2zS

Items:
Spoiler

Aegis aurora - i don't have one to link but GET A LEGACY ONE (4% of armor as es on block)!! they're about 15 ex

Shaper's touch - 2% es per 10 strength, we have 200+ strength. It also gives armor and es.

Energy from within jewel - get a legacy 12% one it's only like 1 ex. put this near pain attunement.

Reckless defense jewel - You need these to get spell block. i only use 4 you can use 5.

Rare jewel - if you're using 4 reckless defenses you can use a rare jewel. get burning damage, damage over time and es

You can also use a watcher's eye if you wanna get very pricey good mods are
Spoiler

Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality
Physical Damage taken as Fire Damage while affected by Purity of Fire
Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
chance to Block while affected by Determination
Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

Crystal belt with the remaining res you need and armor roll. ignore the stats on this one it's a random one from my stash haha
lots of damage and pretty good attack speed
This is where you put rf for a 5 link. You can swap inc aoe for conc effect for bosses if you want but i don't. I crafted this my self. You can even make one with an essence of horror for 30% MORE damage!!!(i tried but no luck) you can get conc effect AND burning damage on the same helm AND essence of horror craft. my rf damage is perfectly fine with this helm though so that's just overkill if you have the money
6l shavs for scorching ray. you only use this on bosses so if you're just mapping or something i guess you could skip this? or put rf in the 6l and get a better es helm. You can also get a double legacy one for like 80 more flat es but they cost a lot
60 chaos res, stun immunity and about 250 flat es. you can use the anvil instead for block chance, max block% and lots of armor. You can get a block% corruption on either one.
has stats, legacy crafted es, dmg
lots of res, *** ADDED COLD OR LIGHTNING TO ATTACKS *** YOU NEED THIS FOR ELEMENTAL EQUILIBRIUM
Armor, es, bleed immunity (saves u a flask slot!!) Get the regen enchant you can easily buy death's doors with specific enchants for like 1 ex more than without an enchant.
Rumi's - without this your block chance is 55% . get a 20-30% one they're only a couple ex at most. or if you're rich drop a bunch for a 30-40% one. also gives 3000 flat armor so there's that
6% fire max res and inc aoe
increased damage over time and gives despair curse aura which gives a lot of damage
You need an anti-freeze flask, you can use any other kind of magic flask though not just silver (sulphur for regen)
To move around fast! For curse maps you can get one with anti curse mod.

Gems
Spoiler

Helm: (helm mod:) increased burning damage - increased aoe (or conc effect) - elemental focus - righteous fire - efficacy . There are very few gems that can support rf since it doesn't hit.

4l : discipline - vitality - blood magic lvl 21 - enlighten lvl 4 (this will get you to low life)

4l : flammability - blasphemy (to lower enemy resistances) - clarity (so you don't run out of mana, you will if you skip this) - stone golem

2l : purity of fire lvl 21 - empower lvl 3 (you can also do empower 4 purity 20) - you can put enlighten here to have more unreserved mana or i just put portal

3l : shield charge - faster attacks - fortify (every build has this)

You can also get a sceptre with +2 fire gems and not need the empower. if you do this you can probably manage to fit in determination somewhere for more armor.

Gameplay:
Spoiler

You don't have much regen due to rf and not having max res or reduced dot from shield. However you make up from this for having large block chance and es on block. Just shield charge around and everything near you dies. if something gets hit by your shield charge its fire res will be lowered by 50% which is huge damage. It's really simple to play. Use scorching ray on bosses.

You get 5% max res from level 23 purity of fire, 1% from tree and 2% from aura effectiveness nodes leaving you at 83% without flask.

Map mods you can't do are: reduced rate of life/mana/es regen or cannot regen maps. -max res and ele weakness are very scary but POSSIBLE. Remember you have time of need to help with your rf and bastion of hope gives 50% extra block chance 1/5 the time.

bandits: 2 points

leveling: Level as flame blast totems and regret all your points. or aberath's hooves

pantheon: Use the reduced dot one and the minor one is whatever you want. Personally i use the life regen when standing still one. capture the soul for reduced shock effect since we don't have any anti-shock in our build.
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Feb 17, 2018, 8:14:21 AM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 6:10:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info