Typo in spell damage wands

This wand I found says cold damage 69%, but I compared to a another wand with similar values in spell damage, and apparently its actually a spell damage wand. Can confirm with Catarina's Headstones.

Image relavant.

Last bumped on Aug 23, 2017, 1:43:31 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's a Cold Damage mod - it just takes the same "affix space" as Increased Spell Damage. These mods are new to 3.0, it's not a bug.
I'm running a dark pact build that wouldn't scale off cold damage. I tested with another wand that had about the same amount of properly named "spell damage" on it, the dps changes were close enough that I can firmly say its a typo/bug.
Shoulda looked at Damage per Hit, not DPS - 19% Cast Speed is pretty good for DPS but doesn't make this bugged :/
"
demontr wrote:
I'm running a dark pact build that wouldn't scale off cold damage. I tested with another wand that had about the same amount of properly named "spell damage" on it, the dps changes were close enough that I can firmly say its a typo/bug.

No, it isn't. Again, the Cold damage etc. affixes have been changed in 3.0. They now occupy the same affix slot as Spell damage. That doesn't mean that % Cold damage on your wand also applies as an increase to spell damage. It means that you cannot roll that spell damage mod because of the cold damage mod, and it IS intentional.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info