Trickster Ignite Theorycraft

I'm planning on rerolling my character and I want to see how strong ignite is. I've tested ignite with a character on standard and it doesn't seem bad. I'll explain the core of the build, any further suggestions are welcome.

The main skill will be ice spear with full damage conversion to fire using Cold to Fire Support and Avatar of Fire or two Pyre rings. The idea was that I wouldn't need to worry so much about critical strike nodes, since the tree is already quite stretched already. However, in testing it felt like I still needed to grab a lot of critical strike nodes from the tree to crit often enough.

For your 6L:

Ice Spear - Cold to Fire - GMP - Inreased Burning Damage - Ignite Prolif - Fire Pen

swap out GMP for Deadly Ailments in boss fights.

I haven't decided on any particular gear yet, though The Searing Touch and Realm Ender are strong contenders if you take the staff crit nodes, otherwise perhaps a crit dagger.

I've planned out the skill tree at lvl 100 (I know this is stupid but all the nodes seemed to fit in neatly this way)

For Ascendency points take the two damage over time notables first and then the two energy shield notables.

From my testing this build feels fun and relaxing; you don't need to spam Ice Spear, just cast it a couple of times and everything should quietly burn to death. During boss fights cast off an ice spear every 4 seconds or so and then just continue running in circles. The only issue is mana, especially if you are using discipline and blaphemy - vulnerability. Hopefully this issue can be fixed with gear (the gear I used to test was trash!).

Last edited by locobilbo on Aug 8, 2017, 11:49:30 AM
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2017, 11:34:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info