Why did you play for the 1000 point reward?

"
Qarl wrote:
We have dedicated the 1000 point slot to being a new reasonably powerful non-3D item.

Considering their intention to have the item not be one with 3D art, I have to wonder why people no-life these races to get 1000 points. Obviously, if you can get 1000 points or more, then you are one of the best racers out there, but you had to have played almost, if not every single race in these seasons.

To those of you who have gotten 1000 points or more in a season, why did you get it? You like the 2D art of the item? You wanted the item itself to use in a current/future league? You were going for the Top 20 Demi and 1000 points came as an after-thought?

I am really curious as to the reasoning behind playing nearly every race for an item that others won't even know you have or might even be using. If you could choose the item for a future 1000 point reward, what would it be? I would love to hear from some of you about this.
Because racing is/was fun at that moment; to challenge myself; and for the sense of competition. It was a target to aim for.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Jan 19, 2015, 9:50:42 PM
I just like racing, didn't care about the reward that much. Having most of the races between work hours helped me alot. Also, i got a pretty bad laptop and i have to do more races than others to get points. Using runescape graphics and having bad fps and lag in every race is not fun at all , but i manage for now.
Last edited by shashk0 on Jan 20, 2015, 4:52:23 AM
does ggg understand that ppl need food on table? #mansgottaeat
There are some pretty nice jewelry items out there that GGG could set as top prizes in race seasons to come. They dun always haveta be flasks. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
If a race reward doesn't increase my in-town swag rating then I'm not really interested. Having said that, I thought the 1000 pt flask was pretty awesome... until I learned that it dropped in-game. Yeeeeah I'll just go buy a normal one for a few ex instead, thanks.

Of course in retrospect it would be ridiculous for the 1000 pt reward to be a powerful/useful but exclusive item so this is understandable.

On the bright side, once I hit 500 pts this season I could focus exclusively on winning races instead of point farming, and I didn't feel forced to do all the boring / off-hour races, which was nice.

So, feel free to continue to use the 1000 pt tier to introduce new non-swag uniques. I won't mind one bit.

EDIT: the new 1000 point ammy is tempting. As long as its Astramentis-level rare...
Last edited by Fightgarr on Feb 6, 2015, 12:49:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info