How to improve races in general

Hi people, the reason of this post is to suggest and try to find the best way to make race accessible to everyone and fair for everyone in terms of time scheadule.
Most of the races that occur are during night for Europe, which is not fair to all the players from Europe but that is not the biggest problem. The most constructive way to make races fair for everyone is to make like daily race that can be accessed any time during the day.
Just to explain my thoughts let me give you an example: Lets say on Monday we have signature events which is accessible during the whole day but can be done only once, So first one starts at 10am then 11 etc. This would enable us to race every day, not miss any races and have the same position like people who don;t have jobs or some obligations during the day like many people. This is only one of many thoughts I had about how to improve some things and I would really like to hear what people think about it. Cheers
I agree with you in principle. However, this would certainly irk a lot of dedicated racers.

Implementing a scheme like you have proposed would result in multiple accounts created for the sake of rerunning the sig multiple times per day. The end result could be a top racer with the #1 time in multiple classes on different accounts for a single race. It doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

I would say that a better solution would be scheduling two signature races per day as opposed to one. I WOULD say that... if the sig wasn't docks for a full hour.
I really like this thread. I was just thinking about what could be done to make Path of Exile even more fun. Having played the game before, I find myself now coming back occasionally to play one of the best parts of the game - Racing.

Racing is a lot of fun, especially in Parties. These races are so limited and per this thread, they only run at one set time during the day.

A possible solution may be to run the race at several time slots throughout the day (every 2-4 hours), and allow players to play as many as they want, but at the end of the day, ONLY COUNT ONE on the ladder, perhaps their best performance of all of the runs of that particular race - or introduce the great RnG god and count a random performance from among their attempts.

That way, players who find a way to run every race 24 hrs a day cannot really gain much more of an advantage, but races are generally more available for someone to play and party up with friends to enter a race ladder. (think of it almost as a mini-ladder, but you have a few attempts (or 24 hrs) a day to get a high score from one - meta poe)

This would greatly increase the available opportunities there are to party up with friends in races. Otherwise, I am back to occasionally check PoE, to see if it's race schedules have a fun party race with friends that is not occurring at 3am on weeknight.

"
Cataract wrote:
I agree with you in principle. However, this would certainly irk a lot of dedicated racers.

Implementing a scheme like you have proposed would result in multiple accounts created for the sake of rerunning the sig multiple times per day. The end result could be a top racer with the #1 time in multiple classes on different accounts for a single race. It doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

I would say that a better solution would be scheduling two signature races per day as opposed to one. I WOULD say that... if the sig wasn't docks for a full hour.

Most casual racers dont care about the sig. I propose they move all the endless ledge and burst races to european friendly time slots. 2 birds one stone
"
renruB wrote:
Most casual racers dont care about the sig. I propose they move all the endless ledge and burst races to european friendly time slots. 2 birds one stone

Still think more races is the better idea. Made my QQ post about sparse schedule (6+ hrs between races) earlier. Have no clue how many manhours are dedicated to racing admin/etc though.

What I would love to see is racing of some type running 24/7. Don't actually assume that to be realistic though.
I've mentioned this before, but I think the best solution is to have a massive amount of races each day during the season to extent of even having some races overlap. This was tried before (season 2 maybe?) and met with complaints, but so far it seems like the best alternative to me. Right now there are several unique race types (Bursts, Endless Ledge, Decent, Sig, BLAMT, etc.) and several timezones, so why not give everybody a chance to play what they prefer.

I suppose there may be an issue with points/rewards/demigods but I'm pretty sure a way can be found to work around that. Perhaps some sort of point cap per day or diminishing returns (for every point over X in a day you only get 80% value) Also more of an emphasis can be made to split Casual/Fun/Competitive/Challenge/Sig races.
I agree with all of you, the point something has and can be done to draw more players because even before the middle of the race season a lot of players stop racing after getting some reward because they know they are not going to have enough time to get enough points for any other reward, let alone talk about the 1000points award. And to prove a point now it is almost 3am europe time and i have to work tomorrow and piety kill is starting for example, this is exactly how you are in risk of loosing a pool of EU players, at least from racing. I am sure they ca see from their statistics how less people race as the season progresses
Just make races start right after each other with short break, limit the amount of races that count (you get random rewrds and demis but no points) per season to smth like 60% of total count.

Replace bad results with better one for similar race after u hit the limit.

Run party races in same time with fun races so you can choose what to play - 2hr party with some random mod or 2hr elblamt aka pure fun.

And the last thing: GGG doesnt gives a fuck about races so this suggestions is worthless waste of time. There were a shitton of them after s8 ended and probaly after s7 from GuD racers but nothing is implemented yet
Huge fan of the bestererest racers z0wn5, rec73, eksy, exif, dsfarblar, uvne, decadence, haboryme, etti_e, sorexus, along, hih0133!!!!
Last edited by Rank1SkillELG0SuR4c3r on Nov 10, 2014, 9:18:16 PM
"
Just make races start right after each other with short break, limit the amount of races that count (you get random rewrds and demis but no points) per season to smth like 60% of total count.

Replace bad results with better one for similar race after u hit the limit.

Run party races in same time with fun races so you can choose what to play - 2hr party with some random mod or 2hr elblamt aka pure fun.

And the last thing: GGG doesnt gives a fuck about races so this suggestions is worthless waste of time. There were a shitton of them after s8 ended and probaly after s7 from GuD racers but nothing is implemented yet

Last edited by janimauk on Nov 10, 2014, 10:41:37 PM
I too miss all the shorter races.

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info