Single Player Mode / Hide Other Users

I know POE is set up to be multiplayer, but I prefer to play in single player mode and ignore all chats. Can I also have a setting to ignore other players in towns? I'd prefer to not see the other avatars while going between the towns folk to buy/sell/pick up quests.

Also, because I only play in single player mode, is there a way to code the game to be more responsive/have fewer disconnects for single players? I know we're still in beta and servers are heavily stressed, so I expect the issues I'm having, but I'm wondering if single players could somehow take the load off of the servers more and help out by doing more locally.

Off topic for my post, but here are some issues I've noticed logging in from Time Warner Cable in Florence, SC USA:

Multiple disconnects - enough to where I don't expect to be able to get back to an area w/ out a waypoint.

System lag - characters occasionally jump around on screen, sometimes monsters don't detect strike, but then a few seconds later when I'm not near them, the strike effect takes. Click to open a barrel, wait a second or two, barrel opens.

Negative effects on gameplay: can't trust that a town portal will be able to return me to an area or that items left near the other end of the portal will still be there if I should get back somehow. Mana severely drained b/c I can't tell if I've hit something once, twice, or more when strike effect is delayed.

Thank you for developing such an amazing game with beautiful scenery. I have been telling everyone on Facebook to try out the game & we all hope to be supporters.
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2023, 2:38:01 PM
I guess we are the minority on this.
I'd also love the option to hide other players in towns and safe areas.
Yes, I don't really interact with other players, so I would prefer not seeing them in town. Why is such an option not implemented yet? PoE is a great game and there are a number of reasons why I prefer it to Diablo 3, but there are a few annoying aspects to it.. One is the short time instances stay open. I don't even have time to listen to all the lore because this time limit makes me go through the portal in 8 minutes. I mean, why is the lore even in the game? Nobody has time to listen to it anyway, unless they are OK with instances constantly closing on them. For somebody who just wants to enjoy the single player aspect of this game, there are some really annoying limitations this game has... I mean, how hard is it to implement an option to hide other players in town? Surely there are others who, like me, dislike the fact that they share their personal stash with a dozen other players crowded around it...
You are not really in a minority wanting a standalone offline version.
But it can't/won't be done, it's an unrealistic goal for the developers.
It would cost them to much time and to much money, to make sure that it wouldn't destroy their income.

They need to make sure that an offline version couldn't be use to develop propper hacks and item dupes so that measn significant reprograming.

You then have the problem that it could be used to run private servers, and be pirated leaching their income severly.

You would also have a box cost....and that would put a lot of people off most likely to the point that even if they ignored the rest of the negative the potential revenue would be minimal.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Why does it bother you that people you don't need to interact with in any way are visible? Pretend they are just decorations to make it appear there are other people in a town.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Let us travel back in time to a world where concerns were more simple, and the Pussy Cat Dolls were still relevant...

The year 2013!
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I like this idea, but take it a step further, and treat a "single mode player" like a PVP-only player.

You can only play single player, ever. Still syncs with the server, but add a PAUSE button, so that those of us with kids can stop once a while without leaving a 75 map only to have the server dsync and disconnect us. There is a market there. I'd even pay for that. Look at how well received the decision of Diablo 3 folks where when they did console ports and dropped the need for constant internet.

A bonus of making it "single only" also means that people can't run that mode to build an uber-character, and then port to multiplayer. Granted, most of the micro-transactions are based around showing off, but all the money I've sunk into points has gone right into stash tabs.

"
KingRamze wrote:
I know POE is set up to be multiplayer, but I prefer to play in single player mode and ignore all chats. Can I also have a setting to ignore other players in towns? I'd prefer to not see the other avatars while going between the towns folk to buy/sell/pick up quests.

You at least can ctrl+left click a Waypoint-Destination and choose an empty town instance to travel there. Unfortunately one cannot create a new instance like it's possible with other areas. You probably will have to do this multiple times, because the instance-menue doesn't show all available instances but it varies. Though travelling to an empty instance won't prevent other players from travelling there too.
it would be cool if we get an option to either hide other players or at least turn off mtx, or simply when u login into game there is option to spawn in city or hideout, that would be cool and solve the problem of 10-30fps and crashes in town :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info