Beat the Build above you (level 28, 1v1)

Part 50% forum game, 50% theory-crafting, 50% bragging and 50% rage: Beat the Build!
I've seen in supposed on global chat a few dozen times that every build has a critical weakness that can be easily exploited by some other build. In an effort to prove such wild statements, I have created this thread.

Rules:

-Should you post a new build, please number it. Makes referencing earlier posts simpler.

-Try not to be repetitive. Posting 'GS-stunlock mara' or whatever after every post is hardly useful. +10 points for creativity.

-Challenger builds should be discussed rather than simply posted. Why does this new build beat down on the old one? You are allowed to shoot down other's builds as well.

-Proof is in the pudding. If we get deadlocked too long, we can just test the builds in default right? it takes like 2 hours to level a 28.

Reference list of unusable level 31 gems
Spoiler
determination
flame totem
grace
haste
ice shot
artic breath
discipline
ranged attack totem
spell totem
knockback
melee physical damage
faster attacks
added chaos damage
faster casting
increased area of effect
concentrated effect
increased crit chance
remote mine

So, to start us off with an easy one:

Build 1:
Crit fishing arc/spark witch

-arc for auto hitting at long range
-spark for closer range, and hitting multiple shots
-Will attempt to stack Shock status via support gems
-CI and discipline for not-dieing
-probably has temporal chains

Equipment:
dagger, es shield and es armor. aiming for global/spell crit chance
Last edited by Duodecimus on Nov 7, 2012, 4:42:55 PM
This might be interesting. Although a lot still would come down to gear. In a perfect world I would carry some gear in my inventory to change when you see your opponent or in between rounds. You can always carry Dream Fragments in your inv and put it on against cold casters.

Let's give a go anyway.

Build 2

Sword and board ranger with crest of perandus.

Spell block amulet which would give 28% chance to block spells.
Puncture for preventing ES regen.
Vulnerability for the same + damage.
Flicker and whirling blades to close the distance and confuse.
You can throw in the unique hat which prevents shock.

"
Duodecimus wrote:

Build 1:
Crit fishing arc/spark witch

-arc for auto hitting at long range
-spark for closer range, and hitting multiple shots
-Will attempt to stack Shock status via support gems
-CI and discipline for not-dieing
-probably has temporal chains

Equipment:
dagger, es shield and es armor. aiming for global/spell crit chance

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAAIpUSwSOp5wK_CqvEiGPIzGTSfc20StaRqoNjlupQbF4TQG6zbEgV9E0PdfL1RfP0z_we7uKQBmiN6h2m29CSvDdSHS8R97gmPWGq6nblmrm1qrXkoCt2KHmhDXImb0C5wnqKoNe7weE1xwStPZV4aQRgMU=]Puncture Marauder

- Two Puncture totems, to keep ES drain constant.
- Iron Grip to buff bow/totem damage.
- -30% crit damage, to counter consecutive crits.
- 80% Lightning resist.
- Vulnerability to buff DoTs

"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Last edited by jawsofhana on Nov 6, 2012, 2:26:18 PM
Build 4

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIAAhMrUQXc070I23LXFYXwZRbNI5QfEZAjMnIEVjnagDI6nwsMSxL6qWMPJQdj8vejaYVs3Gw0FlJvjY0zdigTz32eFiakmE3i_vx_Du2qWwruCfanqf7n0Owqqq_egRQFv1I5rt3iyCaODS0K64AHAsrc3Bk=

Try to find what gems and items could be useful here, i were running similar before stat reset.
I remember that i've using split shot with multiple projectiles and also using frenzy...
Last edited by PHRandom on Nov 6, 2012, 3:18:41 PM
I think that I would vote Build 3 as the decimator of build one.
Although I will point out that ranged attack totems are level 31 min.

So, build to beat is a ranged marauder who is crit resistant, uses puncture and lets assume he has 80% to all resists.
"
Duodecimus wrote:
I think that I would vote Build 3 as the decimator of build one.
Although I will point out that ranged attack totems are level 31 min.

So, build to beat is a ranged marauder who is crit resistant, uses puncture and lets assume he has 80% to all resists.

Sorry about the totem thing.

Can I beat my own build? :P

Since there's so little activity I'll post another. I think it's fun to make builds like this.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQQADoTpHB7vC7UitfrNJEKdoCnWOTI17mD6Ov24hj0qvvhTT2zCWPFopVt5wZdcWRYYXFtHQnO-ypl3ztDsfztvT5bGNAmUFqWj9cQ-yd_nAEer4DIVlcA-UaqX7eO4ZfYJoWF3jPf0myjBKrPUyXoP-t6gr00=

Flicker strike duelist w/ high armor rating to minimize bleeding, double flicker with increased physical damage. Also I believe puncture doesn't trigger from whirling blades. Three skills to close distance, 4 potential charges to keep flickers going. And the extra flicker gem to close distance if frenzy would miss once in a while.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMAlhxlajLqueyQaVMlwL_LyCF52nr1ObqP_Zht070hu1Y_nl9NTTO-q6m_B2LIOTABQkzWvNkJHdmtdvcuoQiZv0omSxkL6q9zGp1ZtGdierpKxdMK7SUyS7QO8i4hrjv2v3_34ncAFgnNymZjSUc4nAcmypZmEqju4jL7dQ==

Summoner witch with es/eva/life gear. Since she doesn't need damage focussed gear everything can be focussed on survivability. You could tweek between a bit more life nodes instead of ES.

A few things are important to tackle the flicker striker:

A combination of chanse to evade / block / minions to take the flicker hits.

A combination of beartrap (super effective) / freeze mine / temperal chains / enfeeble to enable the minions to do the damage.

A combination of aura's and support gems to boost minion damage / wrath / hatred / anger

This build won't work without Doedre's damning and can be assisted by the boots & amulet that give specific summoner bonus.

Also, build #1 counts on a lvl 31 skill: discipline. It won't work @ 28 pvp.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
Last edited by Hellskin on Nov 7, 2012, 11:16:32 AM
Ugh, dang level 31 gems. I'm gonna just go make a list of the stupid things and put it in the first post.

so, summoner then.

Build 7
mace and board evasion ranger
-uses Dominating blow and conversion trap to remove minions without allowing the mage to summon more
-- DB is untested, but I know conversion trap works like this.
--- Also, it's possible but not tested that a player who summons while under the effects of a conversion trap will create monsters that are allies of the opponent. Necros do it in PvE. I need to play with conversion traps more... hell, if it effect players then the zombies might just turn on her and bob's yer uncle.
-some summons of it's own, just for fun
-leap slam to bunny hop over the zombies.

I'm not certain this would would actually manage to take the summoner down tho.
Plus it's kinda weak vs everyone else, so we may as well look for another summoner killing build.

PS: Totally building this thing for testing purposes~
Its kinda farfetched and I doubt it would work, let alone be effective. There are much more effective ways of getting rid of summons.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info