Suggestion: Special Rules+Long races

I love the races in PoE, especially the long races (1 week, 1 month): even if I don't win reward points in the race, I still get to keep a pretty cool character. Without my overstuffed stash full of awesome items, I get to start fresh every time and re-live the 'under-equipped' challenge.

I'm trying to get a friend of mine into races as well so that we can play together; he's very interested in the 'special rules races' (immolation, famine, etc), but doesn't like spending one hour at a time on a character he won't ever play again. He's suggested that he'd like to see some longer 'special rules races'-- on the order of a week or a month. That way, he can enjoy these special rules on a long-term basis and play special-rules characters in higher-level content.

Would it be possible to add some longer-duration special rules races later in season 2? Or perhaps in season 3?
I had a similiar idea, more along the lines of a semi-permament league.

It would have pools of both Negative and Positive mods that would be randomly applied once per week. Say something like 20 negative mods, with 10 positive mods.

You could end up with something like

Week 1 - Famine / Immolation / Ancestral / Greed (+IIQ/IIR) / Airy (+MS)

Week 2 - Projectiles do no dmg / Turbo

Week 3 - Random / Random / Random etc etc etc

It could continue on like that for a 3, 6, 12 month league.

Could do two separate leagues with these rulesets. One for hardcore with party play enabled and the other cutthroat solo play only.

I greatly enjoy these modded races, but 1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour races don't let me experience it completely. I would love to have a level 50-90 character to play in these, but that won't happen with the current standards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info